Risk Consulting - Consultant to Director
KPMG AustraliaKPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
KPMG Australia work with some of the most exciting, innovative and important businesses throughout Australia. We are looking for incredible and diverse individuals to join our Risk Consulting Division in Australia.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Consultants through to Director level, across our Risk Consulting division.
Governance, Risk and Compliance
Our Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team works with the boards and management of Australia’s largest and most successful companies to support their strategic and operational priorities, protect against threats and build resilience into the future. Our team consult on a wide range of risk advisory projects, including assessment through reviews, internal audits of ways in which governance, processes and risks are managed, and assisting landmark clients in measuring and improving business performance and contract or vendor management. Our areas of expertise also include Risk Strategy, Governance, Risk Culture & Conduct and Compliance.
Privacy & Data Protection
Our Privacy & Data Protection team supports clients to navigate existing privacy and data protection laws and prepare for new ones. We provide clients with deep insights and advice on the industry and regulatory best practices as well as assisting our clients to use their data in a compliant and ethical way.
Financial Risk and Analytics
Our Financial Risk and Analytics team operates in life, general insurance, superannuation, finance, funds management, and banking. You will be involved in assignments such as product pricing, liability valuations, appointed actuary advice, broader advisory engagements, and predictive analytics work. We also apply our expertise in other areas including Mergers and Acquisitions and registering insurance companies.
Our Forensic Team assists clients to detect and respond to fraud, bribery, corruption, money laundering, misconduct and other financial crime issues as well as resolving commercial disputes. We help clients protect their business by aiding where facts and figures do not agree, where behaviour does not comply with expectations or where advice is needed concerning legal and regulatory requirements.
Our Finance Advisory team works with our clients to develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges that CFOs and their peers face. Our clients choose us for our specialist financial control and reporting experience, advisory knowledge, collaborative approach, and ability to add value to them across a range of interconnected issues.
How are you extraordinary?
- You are a people-person with a love of sharing your risk, internal audit, internal controls, financial and regulatory reporting, or assurance insights, tailoring your communication appropriately for subject matter experts and clients who want to learn more
- You are a project management pro, with a love of big-picture thinking and the skills to see projects from beginning to end; such as establishing project details, performance measurement baselines, key milestones, work breakdown structures, and resource planning.
- You are tuned in to business development opportunities, with confidence creating effective sales material including proposals, case studies, and other sector-specific material
- You are a kind and compassionate leader with a passion for continually growing your leadership skills to get the best out of a diverse and multidisciplinary team
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
Governance, Risk and Compliance
- A strong understanding of internal audit, governance, risk, and controls with a strong risk management or regulatory background, ideally gained in a consulting or professional services environment
- Deep understanding of best practice risk management methodology while driving a culture of high performance and ethical business practices.
- Knowledge around contract management, procurement processes and complex commercial agreements, with an assurance/audit background
- Experience in designing, implementing and/or carrying out compliance management practices, across; consumer credit, conduct risk, regulatory change, compliance management, privacy & data security and/or financial advice compliance.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, with CA/CPA/CIA being highly regarded.
Privacy & Data Protection
- Experience in the application of regulatory and industry standards including the Privacy Act 1988 and General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and advising client organisations regarding local and/or global privacy obligations, regulations, risks and trends, with a particular focus on privacy obligations
- Tertiary and/or industry qualifications (completed or in progress) such as IAPP (CIPM/ CIPP/ CIPT) and/ or ISACA Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) certification, is viewed favourably
- Delivery experience in a privacy, cyber and data security or data protection advisory role, with knowledge of Privacy and/or general compliance framework reviews for clients across various industries, focusing on framework design and effectiveness, monitoring and surveillance activities.
Financial Risk and Analytics
- Experience or exposure to General Insurance or Life Insurance industry sectors
- Providing advisory / consulting services across actuary, pricing, valuations, strategy advice and mergers and acquisitions
- Providing analytical expertise through programming languages such as python, SQL and PySpark.
- Knowledge and/or experience gained in a consulting environment in Forensic Accounting, Financial Crime, Remediation, Investigations, Fraud or Anti-bribery and Corruption
- Technical skillsets and understanding of regulatory implications
- Understanding of Financial Crime Compliance across Australian AML / CTF, KYC/CDD, transaction monitoring sanctions, and regulatory reporting as well as understanding current trends and best practice.
- Expertise in supporting and advising finance teams on the development of effective financial and regulatory reporting processes. Including interpretation of the requirements, analysing and sourcing required data, ensuring the data is effectively governed and establishing processes and controls that will enable high quality reporting
- Experience in assisting clients to design and implement sound governance and control frameworks across their entire financial and regulatory processes that embeds clear accountability and ownership within their organisations
- Experience delivering on pre and post deal finance function set-up engagements, supporting our clients to realise value and synergies from their merger and acquisition activities.
Please note, the salary ranges $65k - $200k+ with respect to your level of experience.
We are hiring for the following employment types: Casual, Max-Term Full-Time, Max-Term Part-Time, Permanent Full-Time & Permanent Part-Time.
We have offices in the following locations:
- Gold Coast
- Newcastle/Hunter Region
Specific qualifications are mentioned above.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs