Linux Endpoint Security Engineer
New York City
Have you designed, developed, and operated solutions as part of the Endpoint Security team? Do you focus on safeguarding desktops, laptops, servers, and cloud resources from both internal and external threats? Have you achieved this by implementing additional preventive, detective, and hardening controls? Is one of the essential aspects of your work enabling real-time endpoint detection and response capabilities? If this sounds like you, then you might be Fivesky’s next Linux Endpoint Security Engineer.
Who you are:
- 10-15+ years hands-on Enterprise information technology experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux Endpoint Internals and Automation in environments of 50,000+ Servers.
- Experience in Design/Engineering/Architecting new solutions from Proof of Concept to Production.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex Linux environments.
- Competency with any scripting language such as PowerShell, Python etc.
- Have an interest to learn/work with cybersecurity technologies.
- Experience of Antivirus, Encryption, EPP and EDR Controls, Sandboxing, OS Hardening, CIS benchmarks.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible, Terraform and or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience working in a DevOps/SRE aligned team.
- Effective troubleshooting skills across hardware, OS, network, and storage.
- Experience of platform design, build and deployment, with a focus on continual service improvement.
- Experience with Tanium.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
What you will do:
- You will be part of a Global cross-disciplined Agile Team working towards DevOps practices within the firm's Endpoint Security Team.
- You will have strong Linux Infrastructure/Security knowledge and experience working in enterprise on-prem and cloud environments.
- You will research, architect, engineer and deploy Linux (RHEL) based OS and Container based security controls.
- You will complete environment configuration, automation, build, and documentation tasks with a focus on reliability and ongoing supportability.
- You will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with excellent development, communication, and organizational skills.
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our technology solutions, through a range of methods including peer review, retrospectives and refactoring as required.
Would be awesome if you’re:
- Cross-skilled in any Windows or MacOS platforms
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York, NY. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs