Cloud Security Engineer
EquipmentShareGet the newest equipment, track your entire fleet and put your assets to work when you aren't using them, all with EquipmentShare.
EquipmentShare is hiring a Cloud Security Engineer
EquipmentShare is searching for a Security Engineer for the Cloud Operations team. As a Security Engineer, you will help ensure that new and existing cloud infrastructure is designed and implemented in a way that follows community preferred security practices as well as respond to security related incidents helping to resolve the issue, perform forensics and impact analysis, write post-mortems, and provide guidance for short and long term remediation. You will also help us design and implement policies, procedures, and runbooks for incident response as well as helping to develop security guidelines for software development teams. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of software development practices, experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), familiarity with various security related compliance standards, and 4+ years of experience in the field.
Your role in our team
At EquipmentShare, we believe it’s more than just a job, we invest in our people and encourage you to choose the best path for your career. It’s truly about you, your future and where you want to go. We are looking for a Security Engineer to help us continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a secure, scalable, performant and customer-centric oriented architecture. Our main tech stack includes : AWS, Managed Kubernetes (EKS), Python, Aurora RDS PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kafka, Kinesis, React, Node.js, and Typescript. We currently implement security, alerting, and monitoring tools including AWS GuardDuty, AWS WAF, Lacework cloud-native application protection platform, DataDog, and PagerDuty.
What you'll be doing
We are typically organized into agile cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Product and Design, which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high value features and functionality to our next generation T3 Platform.
As a Security Engineer, you will…
- Work with domain teams of software engineers who are dispersed across the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain security automation, secure-by-default solutions that will enable developer and security engineering productivity using scripting or programming languages.
- Design and develop security policies and procedures following community preferred practices with an eye towards future compliance with standards such as SOC 2, and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Own, coordinate, and participate in incident response, remediation and triage campaigns taking on periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Develop, document, and implement runbooks for incident response to help streamline remediation.
- Produce incident post-mortem documentation for a variety of audiences including technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Research and interpret vulnerability disclosures and intelligence.
- Perform security reviews including secure design and architecture, threat modeling, threat assessments, secure code reviews, and security testing.
- Identify security gaps in applications, services, and products including internally developed and third party solutions.
- Contribute to the long-term and short-term security strategy to ensure that applications are designed and built securely.
- Comfortably transition between big picture, strategic thinking and tactical day-to-day operational execution.
- Influence decision-makers and stakeholders to achieve a consistently high security bar.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
We'll be there to support you as you become familiar with our teams, product domains, tech stack and processes — generally how we all work together.
Who you are
You're hands-on - you enjoy solving complex problems and building impactful solutions. Most importantly, you care about making a difference.
- Take the initiative to own outcomes from start to finish — knowing what needs to be accomplished within your domain and how we work together to deliver the best solution.
- You have a passion for developing your craft — you understand what it takes to build secure, robust and scalable solutions.
- You’ll see the learning opportunity when things don’t quite go to plan — not only for you, but for how we continuously improve as a team.
- You take a hypothesis-driven approach — knowing how to source, create and leverage data to inform decision making, using data to drive how we improve, to shape how we evaluate and make platform recommendations.
Above all, you’ll get stuff done. More importantly, you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes.
What we will offer you
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges and rewards. We’ve been growing as a team and we are not finished just yet— there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together. Our mission is to enable the construction industry with tools that unlock substantial increases to productivity. Together with our team and customers, we are building the future of construction. T3 is the only cloud-based operating system that brings together construction workflows & data from constantly moving elements in one place.
- Competitive base salary and market leading equity package (pre-IPO).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Remote first.
- True work/life balance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage.
- 401(k) + match.
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars and continued education.
- On-site fitness center at the Home Office in Columbia, Missouri, complete with weightlifting machines, cardio equipment, group fitness space, racquetball courts, a climbing wall, and much more!
- Volunteering and local charity support that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through our Giving Back initiative.
- Stocked breakroom and full kitchen with breakfast and lunch provided daily by our chef and kitchen crew.
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
All appointments will be made on merit.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs