Sr. Staff Firmware Engineer – Networking & Firewall
Axiado is an AI-enhanced security processor company redefining the control and management of every digital system. The company was founded in 2017, and currently has 50+ employees. At Axiado, developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect each other, and go the extra mile to achieve exceptional results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to apply for this job.
Axiado is seeking a Sr. Staff Software Engineer who is expert in Networking and Firewall technologies to their fast-growing software organization. As part of this role will play a pivotal role in building and scaling our Networking and Firewall software team.
This role is responsible for:
- Collaborate with rest of the software organization to meet our commitment of delivering high quality, highly secure software solutions.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of drivers, firmware, and applications.
- Work closely with cross-functional / cross-geo teams in realizing product delivery goals.
- Provide necessary support for project management.
- 10+ years of overall software engineering experience with 7+ years developing Networking and Hardware based Firewall firmware solutions.
- Strong academic credentials with a master’s degree in CS / EE, Mathematics, or other quantitative area of study
- Experience delivering high-performance NIC drivers in Linux and firmware implementation to support multi-ring architecture.
- Strong PCIe NIC background to design optimal Rx/Tx data transfer over PCIe,
- Experience with SR-IOV / virtio based Virtualization Implementation is a big plus!
- Good experience with one or more of fast path implementations - DPDK, eBPF, XDP
- Control and Data Path implementation of Firewall using iptables including offload of Firewall functionality.
- Hands-on experience with KTLS / DTLS Design and Implementation including HW offload of TLS, IPSec HW Offload using Linux XFRM framework are desirable.
- 5+ years’ people leadership and team building experience with passion for bringing out the best in a team and helping people grow in their careers.
- Substantial and proven C and Python programming knowledge
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in different locations.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in embedded systems, microcontrollers, FPGAs, and ARM processors
- Good understanding of Network security threats (DoS / DDoS, MIM attacks), TPM
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum and software release planning processes
- Experience working at a semiconductor company.
Axiado is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the highest caliber talent in a diverse and multifaceted environment. We are headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, with access to the world's leading research, technology and talent.
We are building an exceptional team to secure every node on the internet. For us, solving real-world problems takes precedence over purely theoretical problems. As a result, we prefer individuals with persistence, intelligence and high curiosity over pedigree alone. Working hard and smart, continuous learning and mutual support are all part of who we are.
Axiado is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Axiado does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs