Senior Technical Product Manager (Public Cloud Security)
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Prisma Cloud Security team is responsible for building a cloud security platform that protects data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection for their cloud workloads. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public clouds, there is an insatiable demand for securing hosts, containers, and serverless in the public cloud. With the recent acquisition of leading companies in this space – RedLock, TwistLock, Puresec, and Aporeto. Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in the cloud security space.
As the Technical Product Manager at Palo Alto Networks focusing on Cloud Security Posture Management, container and application security space, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our sales, marketing, and product management teams to help position Palo Alto Networks against key competitors.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, such as AWS, Azure and GCP Native Security services, alongside other commonly used services such as AWS Lambda, Azure functions, AWS Fargate, Docker, and Kubernetes and with other cloud services. The individual will help research the competitive landscape in Cloud Security Posture Management, formulate competitive strategy, and articulate key differentiation. In addition, you will develop use cases and validate the strengths and weaknesses of our CSPM, Shift-left modules within the Prisma cloud security platform. Another core aspect of this role is to consult with customers, develop and deliver technical training for sales, sales engineering, and marketing along with documenting key differentiators to educate our sales and product management teams.
You are the perfect fit if you think of AWS, Azure, and GCP as soon as the cloud is mentioned, or you intuitively understand Kube and K8 and do not think it’s a geometric shape or a reference to the middle school. You speak Python. You are a self-starter, love to create labs and evaluate different technologies and keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges, and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent of travel.
- You will analyze competitors in CSPM and Shift-left space, synthesize & document information and enable sales teams
- Work with sales, marketing, product management, and customers to research and identify key differences and advantages of the Prisma Cloud Security Posture Management, & Shift-left module against the core competitors
- Execute competitive analysis projects by researching cloud security posture management competitors and their key strengths and weaknesses
- Design labs and use cases to highlight key strengths and weaknesses
- Aggregate and analyze information to form an opinion and provide actionable insights
- Write and create high-quality customer-facing, partner-facing, and sales facing collateral and presentations
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Participate in sales enablement and help sales close deals by providing technical differentiators
- Create and maintain a lab to run setup for cloud security products to evaluate and compare use cases
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- 10+ years of experience in security space
- Experience analyzing competitors or have deep insights into security use cases for cloud security posture management, shift-left & compliance -Plus if you have container security and application security knowledge
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure and GCP to be able to create lab setup and templates to programmatically create labs and test Cloud Security products
- Strong competitive intelligence or technical marketing background in implementing and analyzing cloud infrastructure security products OR have been part of SRE or devops team responsible for securing CI/CD pipeline along with implementing security controls for IaaS and PaaS
- Experience with CI/CD tools is a plus
- Aware of key Cloud security concepts (private, public, hybrid cloud)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and infrastructure as a code software tool such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with attention to detail, and hit deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, keep track of multiple competitors simultaneously
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products and contribute cross-functionally
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations
Education and Certifications
- BS/BA in a computer-related field or equivalent or equivalent military experience – desired but not required
- Industry certifications – AWS Architect, GCP or Azure Certifications - desired but not required
Prisma Cloud Technical product management is a bridge between product, sales , solution architects and a customer. We provide objective truth with technical details while analyzing competition and improve Prisma Cloud winrate. We are the trusted advisors for C level executives, product management and sales teams. They rely on us for bringing customer’s and market’s perspective for all the strategic decisions from product priorities to pricing.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $136,000/yr to $220,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 145K - 235K USD 145K+
Palo Alto Networks
Sr. Staff Product Security ResearcherApplication security Cloud Computer Science Cryptography CTF Linux +7
Career development Flex vacation Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 85K - 110K USD 85K+
Palo Alto Networks
Staff Engineer Software (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls Golang +6
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs