Staff Security Researcher
Austin TX, Remote
SpyCloudSpyCloud's Cybercrime Analytics protect businesses from cyberattacks, safeguard employee and consumer identities, and power investigations.
Staff Security Researcher
at SpyCloud cloud?t=4d253b413us">(View all jobs)
Austin TX, Remote
SpyCloud is on a mission to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Our solutions thwart cyberattacks that originate from the use of stolen credentials, access details, and PII, including account takeover, ransomware, and online fraud, and protect more than 2 billion accounts every day. Cybersecurity is an exciting, evolving space and being at the forefront of the fight to disrupt the cybercrime economy makes SpyCloud a special place to work. If you’re driven to create an experience that allows you to grow your career while connecting with a fantastic mission, look no further!
The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the behavior of threat actors and the organization and operation of the criminal underground. This role will work closely with the SpyCloud Security Research team, led by the Director of Security Research, working to identify and collect data being traded among criminals that could impact the security and/or business activities of SpyCloud customers. This is a full-time remote role supporting a hybrid workforce.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with teams to support the targeting and collection of recaptured underground data
- Collect data from the underground and submit into SpyCloud recaptured data workflow, with the assistance of the Senior Researcher.
- Clearly document activities to support the data analysis process.
- Constantly work to improve the recaptured data workflow.
- Communicate effectively within the Security Research team and with the various business leaders.
- Deliver periodic updates to the business on the progress of the various research and data collection efforts.
- Participate in security research including investigation of threat actors, malware, and other critical research in support of SpyCloud’s priorities.
- 3+ years experience in an analyst, and/or Cyber Threat Intelligence programs or similar security related field.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Math, Science, Engineering, or Business fields.
- Has working knowledge of the criminal underground and how to access data traded through the darknet.
- Critical thinker that is comfortable supporting collaborative problem solving in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly self-directed, empathetic, curious, and flexible.
- Be self-motivated and be able to switch contexts as business needs change.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with large enterprises in delivery of security analytics products.
- Experience in a high-level, general-purpose programming language such as Python.
- Experience in using data science to analyze datasets for the purposes of detecting fraud or cyberthreats.
- Experience with databases (relational or NoSQL).
We are not currently sponsoring Visas for candidates.
Benefits + Perks
As a mission-driven organization we are committed to working alongside individuals who are equally passionate about preventing cybercrime regardless of what department they are in or role they may have. Being led by our core values in all business decisions, we absolutely lean into being united on this front and in doing so we also look to ensure all SpyCloud employees have the support and benefits they need to stay focused on the mission. In addition to our engaging workspace in South Austin, flexible and remote-friendly work options, and competitive salary package, we also offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Generous PTO Plan
In-office meals provided
SpyCloud transforms recaptured darknet data to protect businesses from cyberattacks. Its products operationalize Cybercrime Analytics (C2A) to produce actionable insights that allow enterprises to proactively prevent ransomware and account takeover, protect their business from consumer fraud losses, and investigate cybercrime incidents. Its unique data from breaches, malware-infected devices, and other underground sources also powers many popular dark web monitoring and identity theft protection offerings. SpyCloud customers include half of the ten largest global enterprises, mid-size companies, and government agencies around the world. Headquartered in Austin, TX, SpyCloud is home to nearly 200 cybersecurity experts whose mission is to make the internet a safer place.
Who We Are
SpyCloud is a place for innovative, collaborative and problem-solvers to thrive. Individually we’re amazing but together, we’re unstoppable. We celebrate diversity and various perspectives and aim to create an inclusive and supportive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action “at will” employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. SpyCloud complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SpyCloud expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of SpyCloud's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
SpyCloud shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in all locations.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Our culture is something really special. We’re all driven to disrupt the cybercriminal economy as we keep customer accounts safe from compromise. We support a truly worthy and serious mission, but we have fun doing it together. If you are driven, inventive, and collaborative, you’ll fit right in.
SpyCloud’s Recruitment Policy: We will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with SpyCloud to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing SpyCloud should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas at this time.
Learn more and apply: https://spycloud.com/company/careers/
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Texas Remote - Texas Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 150K - 190K USD 150K+
Sr Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote - USNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
401(k) matching Career development Conferences Salary bonus Startup environment +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs