Blue Coat / Network Security Engineer
Are you the F5 SME in your organization? Do you support web proxies and, network traffic prioritization? Do you have hands-on experience with security routing and switching protocols? Then you might be Fivesky's next Blue Coat Proxy Engineer
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Financial services are highly desirable.
What you will do:
- Use your expertise within the F5 Load Balancer (LTM and GTM) infrastructure and support security initiatives
- Work on the engineering of flows via proxy and CLI access for troubleshooting; Bluecoat or Zscaler experience preferred.
- Work within DMZ environments with a good understanding of, firewalls, Network service/protocols (Advanced Network services TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SOCKS, ICAP ARP, SNMP, SYSLOG etc) and multi-tiered architectures.
- Utilize packet capture tools
- Advanced Routing and switching
What you've done:
- Integrate external services with proxies via ICAP, proxy chaining, service offloads, etc.
- Knowledge of web malware and how it can get inside the network and mitigation strategies.
- Linux Experience; must know at least standard userland roles and tasks.
- Knowledge of web security concepts and cyberattack vectors covering the network through application layers.
- Protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS etc.
- In-depth knowledge of the OSI stack.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Some experience with CASB design, architecture, and deployment (SkyHigh, Symantec CloudSOC, etc).
- Hands-on research and deployment of Shadow IT/Unsanctioned Application products.
- Good knowledge of authentication technologies (including NTLM, Kerberos, and SAML) is a plus.
- Hands-on proxy knowledge; Bluecoat highly desirable.
- Scripting experience like Python, Bash is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Data Protection Practices (Data At Rest, In Use, In Motion, etc) and their practical implementations.
- Practical knowledge of web malware, its propagation, and mitigation strategies.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs