Malware Reverse Engineer
Fort Meade, Maryland
Two Six Technologies is looking to add a Malware Reverse Engineer to our team. As a Reverse Engineer, you’ll use your technical experience to solve some of the most challenging intelligence issues.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform technical analysis of malicious binaries through controlled execution and/or static analysis of assembly code, overcoming techniques designed to defeat analysis, in order to ascertain functionality, capability, call-backs, assist with attribution to adversary infrastructure, and identification of indicators of compromise.
- Provide information and documentation that enables malware detection, signature creation, and mitigation.
- Use expertise in malware reverse engineering and analysis to evaluate and analyze complex malicious code through the use of tools, including dissemblers, debuggers, hex editors, un-packers, virtual machines, and network sniffers.
- Conduct reverse-engineering for known and suspected malware files.
- Investigate instances of malicious code to determine attack vector and payload, and to determine the extent of damage and data exfiltration.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; or
3 years experience with Masters in related field; or
2 years experience with a Doctoral degree in a related field; or
7 years of relevant experience and an Associates may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience
- Degree in an Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field of technical rigor
- CISSP, GIAC, GREM, or CREA Certification
- Ability/willingness to work full-time onsite in secure government workspaces
- This position requires a TS/SCI with FS Poly
Two Six Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture, hair type and protective hair styles (e.g., braids, twists, locs and twists)), color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and lactation), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), marital status, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Information provided will be kept confidential and used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Additionally, please be advised that this business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices.
EOE, including disability/vets.
By submitting the following application, I hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge, the information provided is true and accurate.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs