Security Controls Assessor - Hybrid
XOR Security is currently seeking talented, experienced Security Control Assessors for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the assessment & authorization of Federal government IT environments. In addition, the candidate should be able to Lead and coordinate assessment and authorization, continuous monitoring, and risk management activities to ensure the security posture of client IT systems. The candidate should be able to work independently and in a group environment. The candidate will develop and maintain policies, standards, procedures to ensure compliance while working closely with client system owners, designated information system security officers, and other system stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate should be able to apply their understanding of FISMA, OMB regulations, and NIST standards and informs client leadership of cybersecurity best practices.
The candidate should be able to lead cross-functional cybersecurity projects to successful completion using project management approaches; as well as provide leadership and guidance in the creation, management, and closure of Plan of Action and Milestones to assure remediation of control implementation findings and mitigation of risks. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with internal client stakeholders by facilitating the assessment of systems and developing reports for client leadership. The candidate will need to be able to lead a team of security analysts in conducting security impact assessments for client change requests and informs the Change Control Board of identified risks. Also, the candidate will manage the client’s A&A document repository and assure IT system security documents are current and compliant
The ideal candidate will have experience with Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Authorization, and FedRAMP assessments and will keep up-to-date on emerging trends in the cyber security field.
Location: This role requires on site 2 times a week in Washington, D.C.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- An industry certification such as CAP, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, Security+
- 2 years of experience in Information Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Provide independent Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) support for agency information systems.
- Conduct security control assessments for information systems in support of the A&A process according to NIST standards
- Maintain the appropriate degree of independence as required by the Authorizing Official, providing an unbiased and independent assessment of the system to ensure security controls adequately meet applicable requirements.
- Assess the information system based on agency policies and provide recommended corrective actions to reduce risk associated with the system deficiencies and deviations from industry standards.
- Collaborate with system personnel on identified deficiencies, complete the Security Assessment Report (SAR), and provide security authorization recommendations to the Certifying Official or AO.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs