Application Security Engineer
We are Netcompany-Intrasoft, a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence and expertise, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality to a wide range of international and national public and private organizations. More than 500 organizations in over 70 countries worldwide have chosen the company's services and solutions to fulfill their business needs.
For more information regarding our company, current projects, and openings around Europe, please consult our website: www.netcompany-intrasoft.com.
A day in the life of a Senior Application Security Engineer
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will be part of the Information Security Department and you will drive the design, implementation, operation, and monitoring of the Secure Software Development Lifecycle roadmap of Netcompany-Intrasoft according to the business strategy and selected information security standards and best practices. Moreover, you will lead projects for the adoption of security by design principles in Netcompany-Intrasoft products and software development services, and enhance security assurance levels related to application security through DevSecOps culture and automation.
Your main duties will be:
- Define secure architecture patterns and secure design specifications together with software architects to guide software implementation
- Perform threat modeling in software architecture and software design artifacts prepared by software architects
- Lead research and investigation activities to propose implementation of application security controls at the code level
- Lead the execution of manual secure code review to identify and report security issues and weaknesses
- Lead the review of output from automated application security testing (e.g., SAST, DAST, SCA) and perform triage activities to assess relevancy of discovered vulnerabilities, rate their security impact and propose mitigation actions
- Lead scoped manual security verification assessments with specialized tools (e.g., Burp, ZAP Proxy, Postman and other) and prepare reports describing issues towards development teams
- Develop and deliver application security training activities and workshops
- Give presentations on technical application security topics towards internal development teams
- Evolve the implementation and configuration of scanning policies in DevSecOps tooling (e.g., SAST, DAST, SCA)
By joining Netcompany - Intrasoft, a leading IT company, you will be part of a hub of 1.700+ tech enthusiasts in Greece. You will work using cutting-edge technologies that contribute to the design and delivery of solutions and products for challenging, large-scale IT projects, that affect the lives of millions of citizens around the globe
If you have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field;
- Master Degree in Information Security field or related work experience of 3 or more years
- Extended experience with identification and mitigation of OWASP Top 10 risks and CWE Top 25 vulnerabilities;
- Hands-on experience with secure design and security controls implementation in software applications that follow the micro-services architecture pattern;
- Practical experience performing threat modelling using relevant methodologies (e.g., STRIDE, PASTA, OCTAVE)
- Advanced technical knowledge in the following domains: HTML, CSS, URLs, DOM, Browser/Server Communication, Web & Application Servers;
- Technical knowledge in the following domains: Operating System Internals, Cloud Architecture, Container technology, Networking, Cryptography, Authentication mechanisms, Authorization controls, Input validation and DevSecOps;
- Good knowledge of security verification tools such as Burp Suite, ZAP, SonarQube;
- Good knowledge of risk measurement frameworks (e.g., CVSS, CWSS);
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level).
…then this position is suitable for you!
It would also be a plus if you had
Any of the following qualifications will also be considered a great additional asset.
- Any Application Security certification, (e.g. CASE, CSSLP, CASS, CSP, GIAC Certified Web Application Defender).
- Any Information Security related certification, (e.g. CISSP, CEH, ISACA’s CSX, Microsoft AZURE Security Associate, AWS Certified Security Specialty).
- Any other Application Security Micro-Learning certification, (e.g., Burp Suite Certified Practitioner, Online Course Completion certifications by Udemy, HackTheBox, etc.)
- 2 or more years hands-on experience in Software Development
We ensure equal opportunities, treatment, and consideration to all candidates. Discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor protected by applicable laws and regulations is prohibited. At Netcompany-Intrasoft we respect human rights as part of our culture, and we focus on creating a positive workplace in which all employees are valued and where diversity and inclusivity are welcomed.
The safety and well-being of our employees remain our top priority. Please note that Netcompany-Intrasoft’s recruitment process is being conducted virtually due to preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Our people are the most important element of our success. Our work life is well defined by our set of fundamental Values: https://bit.ly/3SSbBzU
*Please submit your CV in English
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United … Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Mobile Security Engineer - CertificationAndroid Banking C Finance Industrial Linux +7
Competitive pay Flex hours Gear Home office stipend Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs