Security Operations Analyst
Israel - Tel Aviv
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic Security Operations Analyst to be part of our information security journey. You will be responsible for monitoring and implementing security measures to protect Forter systems, networks, and data.
As a Security Operations Analyst, you’ll investigate anomalous activity, collaborate with Security Engineering to fine-tune threat detection models, stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, work with various security and threat intelligence tools, and build detection queries, dashboards, and workflows.
This is a role where you’ll play a pivotal role in bolstering the integrity of Forter's network and infrastructure and will learn, grow, and have mentorship to help guide and advance your skills and career.
Why should you join us?
As a security analyst, you play a crucial role in safeguarding Forter’s assets, including its data, reputation, and customer trust, and you'll serve as the front line of defense against security threats.
Security analysts at Forter have diverse responsibilities, which can include monitoring network traffic, analyzing security logs, conducting vulnerability assessments, and responding to security incidents. This variety will keep the job interesting and allow you to develop a wide range of skills.
Also, the SOC is a field that requires continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest threats and security technologies
This is a great place to grow and take your career to the next level.
What you will be doing:
- As a SOC Analyst you will be highly knowledgeable about the business environment, which will help you ensure that information systems are maintained in a fully functional, secure mode.
- You’ll be responsible for Investigating suspicious activities, containing and preventing them and monitoring the activities of Forter employees and customers.
- Detecting and eliminating the malicious activities that are taking place in Forter security systems and cloud environments
- You may suggest changes in the companies' security systems so they can stay protected from future threats.
- You’ll build and deploy SQL queries and scripts, build various dashboards and workflows, ingest logs and data from various sources and work with cross functional teams.
- As a SOC professional, being familiar with computer forensics will help you detect, collect, analyze and remediate security threats more effectively.
What you’ll need?
- Interest and passion for a career in the financial industry and Information Security.
- Have 2-3 years of professional experience in Security Operations or a similar role.
- Willingness to learn new skills and ask questions
- Can problem solve and translate complicated technical issues into solutions, while keeping a security-first mindset.
- Enjoy investigating ambiguous problems with a keen eye for detail and a high bar for quality.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Understand and operate Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
It’d be cool if you also: [NOT A MUST]
- Passion for development
- Understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities and attacks and experience analyzing network traffic and logs.
- Familiar with SQL and Python programming languages
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure security tools, eg Guard Duty, Azure Security Center, IAM tools
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs