Senior Threat Engineer
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler operates 4 pillars of Trust Exchange. Zscaler Internet Access™ which scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN. Zscaler Cloud Workload Protection, to identify and remediate risks associated with customer’s cloud infrastructure. Zscaler Workload Segmentation provides micro-segmentation of processes across multiple systems with Machine Learning based policy.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
We’re looking for high-energy, talented people to join our top-talent Security Research and Threat Engineering team. Your role will include assessing SaaS-native security, researching weaknesses and potential attack vectors and helping drive our detection and proactive monitoring technologies. You will work with the product and engineering teams on bringing your research onto our platform and with the customer success team on delighting our customers with threat insights, intelligence and remediative suggestions to respond to SaaS-native threats and harden their SaaS applications.
- Identifying and mapping SaaS-native threats and continuously improving their detection accuracy and our signal fidelity.
- Prototyping, building, enhancing, and maintaining applicable detection & protection technologies and working closely with the engineering and product teams to bring them onto our core offering.
- Proactively hunting for emerging threats across hundreds of customers’ telemetry.
- Supporting the customer journey via pre- and post-sales activities by communicating your insights and findings directly to customers.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to join the core team of a recently-acquired startup building the next generation SaaS security platform.
- Take part in building a new emerging product and platform within a market-leader in the security industry.
- Work with a passionate team with a proven track record from past ventures that puts speed, creativity, transparency and people first.
- Single origin coffee and afterhours mixology :)
- Proven success and relevant experience (5+ years) as a security practitioner (research, appsec, secops, hunting, reversing, IR, etc.)
- Experience in research of threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation
- SaaS/Web security research experience – big advantage.
- Substantial experience writing code. Python – big advantage; other programming languages – advantage.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience working with Spark/Databricks/other data lakes – big advantage.
At Zscaler we are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion, where every team member's unique talents and perspectives are celebrated. We believe that diverse teams drive innovation, creativity, and success.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities. We comply with all relevant regulations to ensure a fair and equitable hiring process.
If you require any accommodations during the application process , please let us know. We are committed to making the necessary arrangements to ensure that everyone can fully participate and thrive.
Zscaler is proud to be an inclusive workplace that values diversity and promotes equal opportunities. Join us in shaping a brighter future for all!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs