What we’re looking for
As a Security Analyst in Sift’s Security & Compliance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that Sift’s Trust Platform is deserving of and exceeding that trust from a technical perspective by continually improving Sift’s security posture.
What you’ll do
- Partner with members of the Security & Compliance team to define our security strategy and roadmap and align members with across Sift organization to deliver solutions to both internal and external customers
- Actively engage with the sales team, customers, and the community to understand the security scenarios and features that are relevant & critical to Sift the industry at large
- Develop business cases for project prioritization & investment based on risk profile of our customer’s data while balancing business needs vs. technical constraints
- Drive security related engineering work across multiple engineering teams.
- Engage with external partners & auditors to drive various compliance and auditing needs to successful completion
- Mentor engineers on relevant aspects of security
- Understand the implementation details in depth to prioritize & execute effectively on security initiatives
- Get your hands dirty and be able to directly implement security measures as necessary.
What would make you a strong fit
- 5+ years of experience in security analysis
- 5+ years of experience in driving security initiatives
- Experience driving compliance programs (SOC2 Type 2, PCI-DSS, etc) to completion
- Experience with threat modeling and incident response.
- Experience with big data that contains PII
- Experience leading technical risk assessment and developing privacy & security engineering principles & practice.
- Experience implementing secure development lifecycle
- Strong technical understanding of security: network & OS, software (e.g. OWASP Top 10), cryptographic systems, key-management systems, hosted cloud environments (AWS), etc.
- Hand-on experience in an engineering role delivering & implementing security solutions
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data & metrics to backup recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs