Senior Privacy Engineer/Architect
Austin, TX, United States
Linux FoundationThe OpenSSF is a cross-industry organization that brings together the industry’s most important open source security initiatives and the individuals and companies that support them. The OpenSSF is committed to collaboration and working both...
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history.
Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $54B in shared technology value since inception. We’re growing at a phenomenal rate and we’re looking for top privacy engineer to join our growing engineering team
The Privacy Engineer/Architect is a project contributor and liaison with expertise in technical dimensions of data privacy and protection. They will work closely with the Data Protection Office, data producers and analysts, product managers, and software engineers to implement privacy enhancing technologies tools, and incorporate privacy by design/default principles into various solutions.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to convince stakeholders.
Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams.
Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance.
Experience in supporting the alignment of governance materials, policies, and procedures.
Strong written, analytical, and oral communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement solutions to ensure privacy policies are correctly implemented. The implementations should advance compliance with legal forms of data use as well as support business use of data.
- Work to align advanced technologies and Privacy by Design principles from the first stages of development and ensure that the data used meets established regulatory compliance needs.
- Collaborate with data product development teams, creating new data uses that employ privacy features.
- Interacting with internal privacy program managers, product development teams, and legal, compliance, governance, and data protection teams.
- Analyze, design and program software enhancements for new data streams to develop technical solutions and systems to help mitigate privacy vulnerabilities and prevent potential future privacy risks.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the data privacy, data protection, data usability, performance, and the integrity of the privacy solution.
- Using current programming language and technologies, creates a solid design, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications, as well as completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Prepares and maintains (or ensures maintenance of) data protection program documentation, including personal data records of processing, Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), and data incident record,s and conducts periodic compliance assessments of these.
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications to new or existing software.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of policies, standards, playbooks and standard operating procedures that support global privacy and data protection program objectives.
- Interface with other developers and architects in implementing big data solutions that enable the business to be data driven while protecting the data assets.
- Interface with the usability team to ensure user-facing privacy controls are usable.
- Use data anonymization, pseudonymization and encryption to develop systems that preserve and improve privacy protections.
- Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy.
- Performs regular privacy assessments of operational processes, identifying and mitigating risks across the company through effective tools, training, and guidance
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to key stakeholders
- Acts as key interface to data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, particularly in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams.
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance.
- Experience or understanding of software applications, design tools and languages
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals.
- Competent in the interpretation of numeric data, an understanding of statistical principles.
- Data literacy: finding and managing data, cleansing data, manipulating data.
- Ability to perform operations on large datasets
Bachelor’s degree in either computer science, computer engineering, information systems, privacy engineering or equivalent experience; an advanced degree or CISSP, CISM or CIPT certification is a plus.
Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience working with multiple facets of a global corporate privacy program, at least 2 years of which with a high degree of independence.
Working knowledge of key global privacy legislation, including but not limited to GDPR and CCPA/CPRA.
Strong software development skills.
Experience and comfort in preparing and leading presentations and discussions in a business setting.
Experience with report/technical writing and management, capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
- Competitive salary
- Outstanding health benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% 401k match (up to the IRS-defined limit per year).
- Travel around the world
- Work with a respected, high-performing team that works collaboratively and supports each other.
- Work from home, forever!
- ‘Flex Fridays’
- And more!
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote, Texas, United States Remote, Texas, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 264K USD 192K+
Palo Alto Networks
Cortex Systems Engineer, SecOps Platform - North AmericaAnalytics Automation EDR Python Scripting SecOps +3
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 144K - 233K USD 144K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Software Engineer (Network Security - SASE)C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls Linux Network security +2
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, … San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 232K USD 167K+
Senior Application Security EngineerAgile Application security AWS Banking FinTech Golang +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs