Senior Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Security
United States - Remote
InstacartOrder same-day delivery or pickup from more than 300 retailers and grocers. Download the Instacart app or start shopping online now with Instacart to get groceries, alcohol, home essentials, and more delivered to you <b>in as fast as 1 hour</b>...
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead all of our infrastructure and security operations work. This consists of three teams, infrastructure security, corporate security, and detection and response. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data. Additionally, as the lead for our infrastructure and detection work, you will be responsible for ensuring the security and safety of Instacart’s thousands of remote employees, and multi-cloud production environment.
About the Team
The security engineering team is organized into two groups, product security and privacy, and infrastructure security and operations.
For this role, your teams are responsible for ensuring Instacart’s infrastructure both corporate and production are secure, and that we have good visibility into what is happening across our network. They are responsible for building the security controls and frameworks that engineers use when deploying and managing their services, and a detection platform that can give your team confidence that people are doing the right thing.
About the Job
- You will manage and mentor a world class team of junior to principal security engineers.
- Deploy the systems and automations that ensure our corporate network has best in class security.
- Be the face of security while planning and advising teams like infrastructure engineering, data platform engineering, legal, and product.
- Partner with Instacart subsidiaries to help drive security improvements across their cloud and production environments.
- Own and manage Instacart’s infrastructure security roadmap.
- 10+ years of experience in the Information Security field, including operational security monitoring experience
- Experience managing and working in cloud environments, and container security.
- Experience in corporate security systems and best practices relating to zero trust environments, Okta, and GSuite.
- Experience developing tools and automation using common devops toolsets and programming languages
- Experience working in or with SRE and detection engineering and response teams
- Experience managing and developing incident response functions and policies inside and outside engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading multiple geographically dispersed teams.
- Proven ability to take detection and response functions from 0 to 1.
- Python scripting experience
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
More jobs like this
Remote, Texas, United States Remote, Texas, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 264K USD 192K+
Palo Alto Networks
Cortex Systems Engineer, SecOps Platform - North AmericaAnalytics Automation EDR Python Scripting SecOps +3
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, … San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 232K USD 167K+
Senior Application Security EngineerAgile Application security AWS Banking FinTech Golang +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +4
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs