Senior Cloud Security Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is looking for a hands-on Senior Cloud Security Engineer to improve and maintain our security posture. We are looking for someone with 8/10 years’ experience in cloud/information security with deep understanding of various technologies in the security domain. This role will require someone passionate about DevSecOps, with an accomplished background in secure software engineering, with strong exposure to cloud platform security practices. A passion for building secure world-class infrastructure and tooling in terms of reliability, scalability, and accessibility will be paramount.
The person in this role will help implement a capability driven, highly automated approach to our security operations, monitoring & detection, incident response capabilities, and our overall information security risk management program efforts. A successful person in this role will be an individual who is an avid problem solver with a background in systems design, architecture and compliance and is one who loves an environment focused on software engineering practice excellence, code reviews and regular pairing.
- Administration of Certificate Lifecycle Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration of Encryption and Key Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration and day-to-day support of security tools sets used to secure multi-cloud environments.
- Integration, validation and automation across cryptographic frameworks
- Evaluate cryptographic tools, products and frameworks
- Troubleshoot cryptographic anomalies, and issues across the enterprise
- Multi-cloud IAM integration and administration
- The person in this role will also be responsible for automating operational activities that are part of the maintaining security infrastructure.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- 3+ years of experience handling critical production incidents
- 5+ years of experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with distributed systems, networking, hardware, logistics and operations, or capacity
- Deep understanding of PKI/PKCS, and cryptographic tools and techniques
- Experience in managing and supporting cloud HSMs.
- Strong Programming experience in one of the high-level languages - Python/Perl/Go
- Ability to combine information from various sources into clear, concise technicaL documents that explain the background and procedures for detecting and mitigating risks.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as being happy to collaborate with others, guiding and mentoring where needed.
- Preferred candidates will have a master's degree in computer science/Computer Engineering/Cyber security or relevant field to be successful.
- A strong background with CI/CD pipelines and security related tooling
- An avid problem solver with a background in systems design, architecture and compliance
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies or technical data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake either verifying that you may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies and technical data, or successfully obtaining by July 1, 2021, any necessary license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to allow you to have the ability to access U.S. export-controlled technology and technical data.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs