Senior Security Engineer, Identity Engineering
HashiCorpHashiCorp delivers consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
Senior Software Security Engineer II - Identity Engineering
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We're looking for talented Software Engineers to join our Internal Corporate Identity Engineering Team. This team ensures HashiCorp’s systems are secured consistently and ensures least privilege access is practiced across the company.
As a member of our Internal Identity Team, you’ll be responsible for creating the tooling and automation that manages our internal identity and access management and governs our cloud environments and internal services. You will work closely with teams across the company to provide foundational tooling to scale safe access across the enterprise.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop software and deploy infrastructure to manage internal identity and access governance.
- Design and develop centralized policies for managing access internally.
- Scale identity to all internal systems
- Reduce auditing needs through automation and time based access controls.
- Create self-service workflows for common application types within our identity provider.
- Work across all organizations collaborating on efforts to secure our infrastructure, products, and the enterprise.
- Mentor teammates and other engineers across the company
- Take a large task / project and drive it through all lifecycle phases
You may be a good fit for our team if you have experience in some of these areas:
- You have 5+ years of work experience in software development.
- You have programming experience in Go to build scalable security tools.
- You have experience in developing and deploying cloud native applications in production.
- You have demonstrated technical experience across related security disciplines e.g. identity governance and administration, appsec, network security, infrastructure security, etc.
- You have the ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- You have previous experience working in collaborative security teams.
- You have experience operationalizing security tooling and infrastructure.
- You have experience implementing and scaling security programs in a startup environment.
- You have indirect experience in security, being that person who consistently recognizes and fixes security-related issues or problems with the systems, services, or applications you manage.
- You have experience speaking / publishing in security conferences.
- You have publicly released tools or modules.
- You love to build and push the industry to do better.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote, Texas, United States Remote, Texas, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 264K USD 192K+
Palo Alto Networks
Cortex Systems Engineer, SecOps Platform - North AmericaAnalytics Automation EDR Python Scripting SecOps +3
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, … San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 232K USD 167K+
Senior Application Security EngineerAgile Application security AWS Banking FinTech Golang +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +4
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs