Extended Expertise Consultant -XSOAR
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
The Extended Expertise Consultant is an integral part of our mission within our Professional Services team. As an Extended Expertise Engineer, you will work on-site with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expert level skill sets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
- Assist customers with their Incident Response efforts leveraging XSOAR (formerly Demisto) for Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
- Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the threat landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
- Lead XSOAR technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
- Interact with Security and IT technologies relating to customer environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
- Ability to create documentation for XSOAR playbooks
- Ability to refine and translate complex requirements and execute best practice solutions
- Ability to lead a team
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business relating to XSOAR
- Experience managing complex security solutions in large environments
- Strong understanding of Linux or Unix, network troubleshooting analysis and current security threats
- Experience in cybersecurity incident response
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity technologies, protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end security solutions
- Familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies prefered
- Security Operations experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GCIA, CISSP, and/or DevOps certifications preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience required
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $137,600/yr to $189,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs