Senior Consultant - Software Engineering
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Technology Organization is a community of problem solvers and innovators reshaping the future of commerce. We operate the world’s most sophisticated processing networks capable of handling more than 65k secure transactions a second across 80M merchants, 15k Financial Institutions, and billions of everyday people. While working with us you’ll get to work on complex distributed systems and solve massive scale problems centered on new payment flows, business and data solutions, cyber security, and B2C platforms.
We are looking for talented, curious, and energetic Software Engineers who embrace solving complex challenges on a global scale. As a Visa Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software products that reach a truly global customer base. While building components of cutting-edge payment technology, you will get to see your efforts shaping the digital future of monetary transactions.
The Work itself:
- Design code and systems that touch 40% of the world population while influencing Visa’s internal standards for scalability, security, and reusability
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create design artifacts and develop best-in-class software solutions for multiple Visa technical offerings
- Actively contribute to product quality improvements, value added service technology, and new business flows in diverse agile squads
- Develop robust and scalable products intended for a myriad of customers including end-user merchants, b2b, and business to government solutions
- Leverage innovative technologies to build the next generation of Payment Services, Transaction Platforms, Real-Time Payments, and Buy Now Pay Later Technology
- Opportunities to make a difference on a global or local scale through mentorship and continued learning opportunities
- Works directly with product owners to gather and refine requirements across products, adding and taking into account existing tools and solutions across the organization.
- Develops and designs advanced architect solutions that are robust and scalable, considering integrations with other solutions across the internal technical ecosystem.
- Provides subject matter expertise on the development of technical documentation of solutions and contributes to best practices in technical documentation as needed.
- Plays a key role in the development and delivery of new features across products from end-to-end.
The Skills You Bring:
- Energy and Experience: A growth mindset that is curious and passionate about technologies and enjoys challenging projects on a global scale
- Challenge the Status Quo: Comfort in pushing the boundaries, 'hacking' beyond traditional solutions
- Language Expertise: Expertise in one or more general development languages (e.g., Java, C#, C++)
- Builder: Experience building and deploying modern services and web applications with quality and scalability
- Learner: Constant drive to learn new technologies such as Angular, React, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Partnership: Experience collaborating with Product, Test, Dev-ops, and Agile/Scrum teams
We do not expect that any single candidate would fulfill all of these characteristics. For instance, we have awesome team members who are really focused on building scalable systems but didn’t work with payments technology or web applications before joining Visa.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
A candidate in this position will collaborate with offshore team in Singapore and San Francisco, which means they are expected to work, few days a week, outside of the regular European working hours (i.e. evenings or early mornings). Also, a person in this role will participate in an on-call rotation for the SRE team, so occasional weekend or late night support might be expected (on-call duty is additionally paid).
• Master's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems or related
field AND minimum six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
• Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field AND minimum eight (8) years of experience in a directly related field.
• Minimum eleven (11) years of directly related experience.
• Front-End Programming Languages: Knowledge of and ability to develop front-end code (e.g.,
extension of capabilities of packages and products.
• Web Browser Optimization: The ability to select the 'best available' values of some objective
function to improve the functional effectiveness of web browsers.
• User Interface Design: Knowledge of user interface design, which is the interaction where users and
computers interact. This includes an understanding of how to provide an optimal industrial design
experience through User Interface (UI) Design.
• Back-end Programming Languages: Knowledge of and ability to develop back-end (e.g., Python,
Java, C++, PHP) code in support of package and product development. This includes the extension
of capabilities of packages and products.
• API (Application Program Interfaces) Generation: The ability to develop and utilize Application
Program Interfaces (APIs), a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications
that specify how software components should interact and are used when programming graphical
user interface (GUI) components. An API may be for a web-based system, operating system,
database system, computer hardware, or software library.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs