San Jose, CA, United States
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
Position: SOC Analyst
Location: San Jose,CA
As a SOC Analyst at Zscaler, you will play a critical role in monitoring, detecting, and responding to security incidents to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company systems and data. You will work closely with our experienced security professionals and gain hands-on experience in identifying and mitigating cybersecurity threats.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Security Monitoring: Continuously monitor security alerts and events to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Incident Detection: Detect and analyze security incidents using various security tools and technologies.
- Incident Response: Respond to security incidents promptly, following established procedures and protocols.
- Threat Analysis: Conduct in-depth analysis of security events to determine the scope and impact of potential threats.
- Threat Research: Review relevant intelligence, conduct threat hunting, high level malware analysis, and endpoint analysis to identify and evaluate threats.
- Security Investigations: Investigate security incidents to gather evidence and facilitate incident resolution.
- Security Documentation: Maintain accurate records of security incidents, investigations, and actions taken.
- Security Tools: Utilize security information and event management (SIEM) tools, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and other security technologies effectively.
- Automation: Create or update automation scripts to expand analysis capabilities or reduce level of effort.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other SOC team members, IT staff, and third-party vendors to resolve security incidents and enhance security posture.
- Reporting: Prepare and deliver reports on security incidents, trends, and vulnerabilities to management and clients.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with the latest cybersecurity threats and industry trends, and suggest improvements to security processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, information technology, or a related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or related role.
- Familiarity with security technologies, including SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewall, and antivirus.
- Familiarity with network and endpoint fundamentals.
- Scripting or programming experience in at least one language (Python, Powershell, C, C#, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $ 106,000 to $115,000+ Benefits. Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, location and relevant education or training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is used specifically for accommodation requests only, and resumes, CV's, or questions other than accommodations will not be replied to or accepted.
More jobs like this
Philadelphia, PA, United States Philadelphia, PA, United States Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 90K - 100K USD 90K+
City of Philadelphia
Information Security Analyst (City Commissioners)Audits CEH CISA CISM CISSP Compliance +11
Career development Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Startup environment +1
Greenville, South Carolina, United … Greenville, South Carolina, United States - Remote Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 50K - 70K USD 50K+
Gradient Cyber LLC
Cyber Security SOC AnalystActive Directory Carbon Black Elasticsearch IDS IPS Monitoring +4
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +1
Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, … Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas (Plano), TX, … InternshipEntry Entry-levelUSD 72K+
Charles River Associates
*[2025 Bachelor's/Master's grads] Cyber and Forensic Technology Consulting Analyst/Associate Intern (Summer 2024)Automation C CFCE Computer Science EnCE Forensics +14
Career development Equity Salary bonus Startup environment Team events +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs