Senior Information Security Counsel / Contracts Manager
Palo Alto, CA
RubrikOrganizations rely on Rubrik for resilience against cyber attacks and operational disruptions with automation, fast recovery and easy cloud adoption.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company five years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.
Commercial Legal - Who We Are
The Rubrik Commercial Legal Team is responsible for drafting and negotiating legal contracts, supporting new product launches, and advising the business on all customer and revenue-related matters. Rubrik is seeking an energetic, creative, talented and experienced Senior Information Security Counsel (or Contracts Manager, depending on experience) to be a part of our Commercial Legal team. This is a remote position based in the U.S.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Draft, review and negotiate complex technology agreements with major enterprise customers, with a focus on negotiating security and privacy terms. This is a customer-facing role.
- Embrace the challenge of learning (and explaining) Rubrik’s products, new technologies and novel legal and regulatory issues in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Partner closely with Rubrik’s Sales, Sales Ops, Support, Professional Services, Information Security, Compliance, Product, Partner Programs, Engineering, and Finance teams on commercial matters. Collaborate and partner effectively with an enterprise sales organization and cross-functionally with a range of global stakeholders across all company functions.
- Advise executives and key stakeholders on legal issues relevant to information security and Rubrik’s business.
- Bring energy, passion, and a process-oriented mindset to enable the Commercial Legal Team to scale to support a high-growth business. Develop and automate processes to streamline contracts workflow, with a goal to reduce time to revenue while driving consistency and adherence to Rubrik policies.
- Identify and address potential contractual risks and liabilities related to information security.
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats and applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices to proactively address security risks in contracts.
- Develop and implement creative solutions to enable business colleagues to be more self-sufficient through the contracts process, including forms, playbooks, and training materials. Provide training and ongoing support on sales and contractual matters. Provide training and awareness programs to educate employees on contractual security requirements, policies, and best practices.
- 7+ years of substantive legal and information security experience, including at least 4 years’ experience working at a fast-growing SaaS technology company.
- Bachelor's degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school.
- Deep experience with sales-side SaaS technology transactions.
- Strong understanding of information security frameworks and compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001/2 (including ISO 27017 & 18), FedRAMP, SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria, CIS Top 20, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and NIST CSF / 800-53.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and the regulatory context applicable to SaaS technologies, in North America and globally.
- Business acumen with the ability to effectively drive business forward with a thoughtful, proactive, and practical approach that inspires confidence and builds trust, and demonstrates high integrity and transparency.
- Proven ability to own projects from start to finish and drive process improvements.
- Demonstrated capability to work efficiently, learn quickly, prioritize and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Analytical and detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- License to practice in a U.S. state for the counsel position.
- Experience with sales-side technology transactions in multiple geographies is a plus, as the role will be global in scope.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) are highly desirable.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
More jobs like this
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Irvine, California, United States, … Irvine, California, United States, New York City, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 125K - 238K USD 125K+
Allergan Data Labs
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote)Application security AWS CI/CD CISSP Cloud Compliance +30
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs