Director – Cybersecurity Engineering (Network Security)
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Technology Organization is a community of problem solvers and innovators reshaping the future of commerce. We operate the world’s most sophisticated processing networks capable of handling more than 65k secure transactions a second across 80M merchants, 15k Financial Institutions, and billions of everyday people. While working with us you’ll get to work on complex distributed systems and solve massive scale problems centered on new payment flows, business and data solutions, cyber security, and B2C platforms.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s operational culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate will join the Cybersecurity division and will be responsible for development, leadership, and implementation of the Security Engineering Operations program. This person will lead a team of high performers which have responsibility for the building & maintaining of Visa’s Network Security technologies and environments. In addition to staff development and talent management, she/he will provide technical guidance to individual contributors.
This role must instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security operations while ensuring that business objectives are understood and adhered. Managing and reporting operations security risks in new and existing infrastructure designs are properly understood and supported.
Provide leadership in the sustained engineering support for security technologies across all network infrastructures. Have strong ITIL and process development skills. Focus to track systems health, develop a cognizant mean time between failure (MBTF) metric programs.
Participate in major problem review meetings, processes improvement meetings as well actively contribute to the high-risk change review and analysis coordination reviews.
Deliver operations support, assist in proof-of-concept phase to deployment and manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools, including firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, network admission controls, and DDoS mitigation systems.
Develop and optimize processes to improve security rules posture, to include orchestration, rules optimization, identification and labeling of rules ownership, expiry, and participate in certification to attest security posture.
Implement automated security metrics scorecard that enables executive leaders, line managers, and operational staff to spot and take action on security related incidents and reduce surface risks prior to implementation.
Experience managing team delivery for global orchestration and automation of tasks via configuration via Application Programming Interfaces (API).
Create, maintain, and own tracking details of infrastructure surrounding the underlying network security systems to ensure the security tool deployments are operating effectively and with proven efficacy.
Work closely within network operations team and coordinate with security engineering and design teams within Visa.
Collaborate with internal audit, controls teams as well external party security audit requests and agencies.
Manage effectively reported system, application, and device vulnerabilities and through remediation and maintenance in adherence with incident response policies.
Establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with business partners to understand business drivers and market requirements. As well, provide leadership to the technology group to create the right solutions for the market in the required periods.
Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
Utilize a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 13+ years of relevant work experience.
· 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
· 5-10 years of experience in the network/security engineering and/or security areas with 3 years in participating in developing operational models, executing in a demanding and support organization.
· Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, network admission controls and on-premise distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation systems, configuration, and tuning.
· A record of accomplishment of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
· Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high-availability network systems, and associated security issues.
· High degree of technical complexity threaded throughout your experience and conversant thereabout, familiarity with complex global cybersecurity infrastructure designs preferred.
· Referential knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, CSC, GLBA, SOX) and other security regulation requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Must be skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals and other corporate initiatives, and facilitating results.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs