End Point Security Lead Developer (USA Based)
UltraViolet CyberEvolve your security operations into your proactive risk reducing superpower through the combination of MDR with Red Teams that validate every alert.
- Win32 user mode APIs
- Linux user mode APIs
- Systemd / journald
- Windows event logging
- Event Tracing for Windows (ETW)
- Sysinternals Sysmon
- Linux audit
- Extended Berkeley Packet Filter (EBPF)
- C/C++, Golang, Ruby, and Python
- Open Cybersecurity Schema Framework (OCSF)
- Software Bill of Materials (SBOM)
- Windows Filesystem Minifilter API
- Windows Filtering Platform (WFP)
- Design, build, and maintain our endpoint agent that securely ships logs to our MDR platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical requirements and ensure the agent's seamless integration with existing systems and tools.
- Apply knowledge with multi-architecture builds of applications.
- Conduct code reviews, provide mentorship, and support the growth and professional development of junior engineers.
- Implement best practices for endpoint security, ensuring data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Continuously monitor and enhance the performance, scalability, and reliability of the endpoint agent.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the agent's performance and functionality in a timely manner. i.e. Handle large amounts of data throughput with little to no latency impact.
- Contribute to build out unit tests and CI/CD implementations to verify code updates across a suite of OS’s and architectures.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in endpoint security, and proactively suggest improvements to our security measures.
- Collaborate with security analysts to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities and develop countermeasures to enhance the overall security posture of the agent.
- Participate in security incident response and investigations, providing expertise and guidance as needed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation. To include well-documented code and provide comprehensive support documentation, including architecture, design, and troubleshooting guides.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing and developing endpoint security solutions, with a strong focus on log shipping and data security.
- Deep understanding of popular operating systems and their internals, ie: Linux syscalls, windows ETW events, etc.
- Expertise in Golang, with a deep understanding of their application in security-related projects.
- Solid understanding of various endpoint security concepts, including encryption, authentication, and access control.
- Hands-on experience with endpoint security tools, such as antivirus, intrusion detection, and firewall solutions.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols, web application security, and cloud-based environments.
- Self-motivated with apt prioritization. Ability to lead and mentor junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with compliance standards and regulations related to data security and privacy.
Benefits at UltraViolet Cyber!
- 401(k), including an employer match of 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (available on the 1st day of the month following your first day of employment)
- Group Term Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and/or Critical Illness
- Participation in the Discretionary Time Off (DTO) Program
- 11 Paid Holidays Annually
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: APIs Application security APT C CI/CD Cloud Compliance Computer Science Encryption Endpoint security Firewalls Golang Incident response Intrusion detection Kubernetes Linux Privacy Python Ruby SBOM Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Remote, Texas, United States Remote, Texas, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 264K USD 192K+
Palo Alto Networks
Cortex Systems Engineer, SecOps Platform - North AmericaAnalytics Automation EDR Python Scripting SecOps +3
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, … San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 232K USD 167K+
Senior Application Security EngineerAgile Application security AWS Banking FinTech Golang +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +4
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs