Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco, Seattle, Remote
About the team
Our team is responsible for building, scaling and managing the distributed systems that ingest, process, store, and make accessible trillions of events about users, transactions, and other entity data we receive from our customers.
We care about things like uptime, high availability, and low latency. Load balancing, auto-scaling, and automation are in our DNA and are what makes it easy for us to keep up with the growth of our business and the growth of our customers.
What we’re looking for
As a security engineer at Sift Science, you will be responsible for analyzing, discovering, and addressing the security of Sift’s services & infrastructure, building security automation, quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, and taking whatever steps necessary to advance Sift Science’s security posture.
What you’ll do:
- Implement security solutions by leveraging best practices, tools, and organizational collaboration
- Develop, integrate, and deploy security solutions & technologies
- Perform security testing and threat modeling of Sift Science services
- Participate in security design & code reviews
- Act as subject matter expert for security and mentor engineers & others outside of engineering
- Partner with members across engineering and beyond to provide input into the security strategy and roadmap
- Assess and liaison with 3rd party services and vendors
- Operationalize security metrics
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in implementing security solutions
- Strong technical understanding of security: network & OS, software (e.g. OWASP Top 10), cryptographic systems, key-management systems,
- Hosted cloud environments GCP, AWS, etc.
- Experience with threat modeling and incident response.
- Experience with big data that contains PII
- Strong coding skills to include scripting, unix/linux, terraform and salt skills
- Experience in helping contribute to the compliance programs (SOC2, PCI-DSS, etc), risk assessment and developing privacy & security engineering principles and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audience
- Pragmatism & philosophy of continuous improvement
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent hands-on experience
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Airbnb, Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy