Senior Security Engineer 1, Operations
Remote - US
Because you belong to Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced Senior Security Engineer to join our Security Incident Response Team (SIRT). The SIRT is responsible for monitoring, detecting, responding to, and remediating threats and malicious activity across our enterprise. This role will be responsible for managing and remediating security incidents, serve as an escalation point to more junior incident responders, and assists the manager with ensuring the team is trained and ready to manage security incidents. You will partner closely with other functions within Trust & Security, such as Threat Intelligence, Enterprise Crisis Management, Threat Hunt, and Security Engineering. This role will play an important part of continuing to scale our security functions as Twilio grows.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success as a member of security operations teams. They also have:
- 4+ years experience in the Information Security field, with at least 2 years conducting incident response.
- Knowledge of incident response frameworks and processes
- Proficiency with use of a SIEM and other security tool solutions
- Proficiency with one high-level programming or scripting language
- Strong understanding of threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience using the MITRE ATT&CK framework to improve security incident detection and response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Comfort owning and driving time-sensitive incident response investigations to conclusion
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: This role will have many competing priorities. You must be adept at identifying what is critical and willing to not pursue initiatives that fall below the line.
- DON’T SETTLE: You always look for the missing piece of the puzzle or consider the additional work that’s needed to solve a challenging problem or remediate an incident.
- BE AN OWNER: Champion mature security practice across the company and lead during challenging events.
- DRAW THE OWL: Leverage your information security expertise and knowledge to improve security operations for a dynamic, complex organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Understand that customer trust is our number one priority and gracefully managing security incidents is an important piece of that.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Contribute to building a strong team that can manage stressful situations to closure.
The Cybersecurity Operations team is an essential element of Twilio’s security organization. We ensure the company is ready to detect, respond, and recover from security incidents at a global scale. This work is vital to the company’s top priority of customer trust.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver / Boulder Metro:
$ 90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs