Cloud Security Engineer
Remote, United States, Canada
Datavant is a rapidly growing health information technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes. Datavant works to reduce the friction of data sharing across the healthcare industry by building technology that protects the privacy of patients while supporting the linkage of patient health records across datasets.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs. Read more about our culture and benefits here!
- Have a thorough understanding of AWS or equivalent cloud security. You’ll use this knowledge to assist the team in building creative security automation.
- Have worked in an environment where gitops are commonplace. You know how to PR, +1, review code, build things and you have a deep passion for learning how to do more with less in code.
- Work in a combination of building things and configuring things. These things may include automation around Github to help our vulnerability management program operate more efficiently, pipeline controls for security to help uniform our checks, and work with our CSPM (Wiz) to help tune, build integrations, and work through identified problems with developers to resolution.
- You will have an understanding of risks but may have some knowledge gaps in the depth of risk management. It’s OK, we’ll teach you. The core skill set you bring to the table is a development mindset.
- Have worked past the point of intimidation in your career that may exist around reaching out to anyone (especially developers). You can expect to be deeply interfacing with our development and Infrastructure and Developer Experience teams daily.
- Work directly with senior members of the team to ensure maturity, depth, and coverage of security controls. You’ll be expected to interface with your team members daily.
- Review components being built in our cloud infrastructure (via pull request reviews and contributions). During these reviews, you’ll be mentally present and use your ability to evaluate risk such that you assist in the delivery of secure code. This role is not merely a +1.
- Work directly with world-class level DevOps peers to help build practical and usable security into the SDLC and AWS.
- Collaborate on new projects to advance security in our environment. You’ll offer an open mind to your teammates and a can-do attitude in all projects. Your impact here cannot be understated, you are a core contributor and have deep influence to empower Datavant greatness.
What you will bring to the table:
- You are humble.
- You can build in at least a single language (Python, Go) and have Infrastructure as Code depth (Terraform). It is expected that you have a “git native” skillset.
- You can articulate from start to finish what a secure release cycle might look like.
- You have opinions and options on most of the steps.
- You are a consummate collaborator, it’s inherent in your work behavior.
- You value time deeply and optimize for the greatest impact.
- 1+ years of working in container space security, particularly in Kubernetes environments.
- 2+ years of working in at least 1 major public Cloud provider and a desire to learn a second.
- On projects, you are accountable. In moments of gray area, you don’t “let the work come to you” via assignment but are proactive and pick up work you think may be valuable to the team. Datavant is a highly autonomous company, we expect everyone at every level to act as owners.
Bonus points if:
- You have worked in a development environment that uses Python.
- You have experience with security in healthcare or other highly regulated space. Examples: HIPAA/HITRUST, SOC 2, PCI experience from an operational response standpoint.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done, where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks (competitive San Francisco rates for US-based roles) and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is [$155,000- $180,000].
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. We aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
More jobs like this
Remote, Texas, United States Remote, Texas, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 192K - 264K USD 192K+
Palo Alto Networks
Cortex Systems Engineer, SecOps Platform - North AmericaAnalytics Automation EDR Python Scripting SecOps +3
Career development Competitive pay Medical leave Salary bonus
San Francisco, CA; Chicago, … San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 167K - 232K USD 167K+
Senior Application Security EngineerAgile Application security AWS Banking FinTech Golang +11
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Conferences Equity +4
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs