Senior Director, Information Security & Privacy
United States - Remote
ButterflyMXButterflyMX makes property access simple. Get video & open doors/gates on a smartphone. Easy to install & easy to use. Trusted by 1 million.
ButterflyMX is a rapidly growing proptech startup that makes property access simple. Our solutions are relied upon by millions of residents, staff, and guests in multifamily, commercial, student housing, and gated communities around the world including those developed, owned, and managed by the most trusted names in real estate.
Fantastic people are the key to our success. As a distributed, mostly remote workforce, we’re looking for more smart, passionate, collaborative, and down-to-earth individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is transparent and flexible; our benefits range from a 401(k) match to quarterly stipends for self-care; and while we work incredibly hard to improve the experience of everyone who lives, works, and visits our communities, we always have time for a good laugh.
About the role
Are you ready for a unique and game-changing opportunity? As our Senior Director of Information Security and Privacy you’ll be able to make an immediate and lasting impact on our organization's security landscape. You will have the chance to shape and drive the strategic direction of our information security program from the ground up. Your expertise will be instrumental in safeguarding our innovative solutions and protecting our valuable assets and, most importantly, our customers and tenants. This is your chance to take charge, join a talented team, and build a culture of security excellence, all while collaborating with visionary leaders and stakeholders who share your passion for innovation and disruption.
- Manage and oversee the organization's overall information security program.
- Develop and implement information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Conduct internal risk assessments and vulnerability assessments to identify and mitigate potential security threats.
- Manage external security audits and assessments, and drive remediation efforts as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors, partners, and regulatory bodies.
- Implement and maintain security controls to protect sensitive data and systems.
- Develop incident response plans and conduct post-incident analysis and remediation.
- Coordinate with Technology teams to ensure secure design, implementation, and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Conduct regular security awareness training and education programs for employees.
- Evaluate and select security technologies and tools to enhance the organization's security posture.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as executive leadership and board members.
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations on security investments and initiatives.
- Manage the security budget and allocate resources effectively.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure the effectiveness of security controls and programs.
- Ensure compliance with privacy regulations, such as GDPR or CPRA.
- Drive security incident response efforts, including containment, investigation, and recovery.
- Collaborate with People and IT teams to establish and enforce security policies related to employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Stay current with emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices in the security industry.
- Serve as a point of contact for customers and partners regarding security-related inquiries.
- Foster a culture of security awareness and accountability throughout the organization.
- Significant experience in information security or related roles, with a track record of progressively increasing responsibility and leadership.
- Incident response management: Experience in developing and implementing incident response plans, conducting investigations, and managing security incidents effectively.
- Experience achieving SOC 2 Type II compliance within an organization
- Certifications: Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CRISC preferred
- Comprehensive Medical (ButterflyMX covers 90% of the cost) starting day 1
- Dental and Vision plans (ButterflyMX covers 100% of the cost) starting day 1
- 401(k) plan with a match
- 13 paid holidays and 25 days of PTO
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quarterly self-care stipends
- HealthAdvocacy Program
- Access to optional benefits, including pre-tax flexible healthcare spending accounts (FSA and HSA), Dependent Care FSA, and Commuter Benefits, as well as optional Supplemental Life, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet, and Personal Liability Insurance
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment filled with kind, intelligent people who are working hard on an industry-defining product
ButterflyMX is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates and employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have the authorization to work in the US to become an employee. Please let our recruiting team know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - United States Remote - United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 104K - 276K USD 104K+
Senior Manager, Product Security EngineeringApplication security GitHub Incident response Open Source Product security PSIRT +3
Career development Competitive pay Salary bonus Startup environment Team events
Irvine, California, United States, … Irvine, California, United States, New York City, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 125K - 238K USD 125K+
Allergan Data Labs
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote)Application security AWS CI/CD CISSP Cloud Compliance +30
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation +7
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs