Security Engineer (f/m/d) - Freelance
WunderflatsFind furnished apartments for temporary or longer stays with 1 click on Wunderflats. Verified and complete online booking for relocation, business, or students.
Here you can find our German speaking jobs.
Wunderflats is Germany's market leader for mid-term furnished housing. The Berlin-based scale-up was founded in 2015 by Jan Hase and Arkadi Jampolski. The platform connects those looking for temporary homes, and those offering them, with easy and secure solutions for mid-term rentals with a minimum rental period of one month. Wunderflats offers verified rental agreements and additional landlord services that range from a professional photoshoot of the apartment to a full-service rental management solution.
Wunderflats currently lists over 30,000 apartments in Europe and has over 160 employees. For more information, visit wunderflats.com.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Security Engineer (f/m/d) to join our team on a freelance basis and contribute to the success of the "Helfende Wände" project.
As a Security Engineer (f/m/d) at Wunderflats, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the security of our platform. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and manage security measures that protect our infrastructure, applications, and customer information. Your expertise will contribute to building a secure environment that not only safeguards our operations but also fosters trust among our users.
- This position can be carried out remotely within timezones +/- 2 hours from CEST. Our preference would however be a Hybrid role out of our wonderful Berlin office -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Proven experience as a Security Engineer or similar role, with a strong understanding of information security concepts and best practices.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH or equivalent, are a plus.
- Hands-on experience with security tools, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Familiarity with cloud security principles and containerisation.
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages for security automation and tool development.
- Knowledge of network protocols, firewalls, intrusion. detection/prevention systems and encryption technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across our teams.
- Collaborate with Engineering Product Management and Data teams to integrate security best practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Design, implement, and maintain security solutions and controls to safeguard our applications, systems and data.
- Conduct regular security assessments, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing to identify and address potential vulnerabilities and threats.
- Monitor and analyse security alerts and incidents, and take proactive measures to mitigate risks and respond to security incidents effectively.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices to continuously improve security posture.
- Participate in the design and review of infrastructure and architecture to ensure security requirements are met.
- Provide guidance and training to our Engineering teams on secure coding practices and security awareness.
- Collaborate with compliance and legal teams to ensure alignment with industry regulations and data protection standards.
- Contribute to incident response planning, coordination and execution.
- Develop and maintain security documentation, policies and procedures.
- #empathyculture: Become part of our international team with a scale-up atmosphere, where you as a person really count and your ideas and work make a real impact.
- #worklifebalance: Our working hours are flexible and family-friendly. Your main working hours are spent in the office, but you are also welcome to work from home from time to time.
- #wunderoffice: Work from our brand new office in Berlin (Hackescher Markt), with ergonomically equipped workstations, detox room, playroom, roof terrace and fruit & drinks on us.
- #welovetohavefun: Celebrate with us at our annual summer or winter party, and regular after-work gatherings, and power up in our office with yoga, table soccer and table tennis.
*We at Wunderflats value the diversity of our team and stand for equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We respect all differences from person to person, visible or not.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs