Staff Security Engineer, Enterprise Security
AffirmWith Affirm, you can pay over time at your favorite brands. No late fees or compounding interest—just a more responsible way to say yes to the things you love.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a member of the Security Team at Affirm, you will be joining a team of fun, passionate and highly skilled individuals who like solving security challenges and enjoy learning new skills. We partner together with a team first mindset and are keen on redefining security in the fintech space.
We are looking for a Staff Security Engineer in the Enterprise Security team, primarily supporting the Security Operations program including Logging, Detection, Response and Automation. In this role, you will collaborate with internal Security teams (such as Platform Security, Corporate Security) and other external teams (such as Infrastructure, Observability, Privacy/Compliance) to create and improve enterprise security capabilities. You will partner with the right teams to solve complex security problems and help design solutions that are aligned with broader organizational goals.
What You'll Do
- Drive monitoring, detection and response including remediation for security incidents and investigations throughout our environment.
- Build and enhance our current logging pipeline to help ingest the right data sources needed to improve our visibility.
- Integrate security tooling into existing infrastructure. Develop security software configurations and improve tool functionality over time.
- Build automation between tools when needed to help improve logging, detection and response workflows.
- Contribute to our detection program by helping write detections based on frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK.
- Configure and implement cloud security services, including identity and access management, detective controls, infrastructure protection, and data protection.
- Contribute to developing and maturing security incident response playbooks and processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across Affirm and lead key Security projects.
- Be the senior escalation point for the team when needed for help with investigations and incidents.
What We Look For
- A seasoned Enterprise Security engineer with a strong ability to analyze, parse and correlate information against data from multiple sources and when needed engineer solutions to do the same.
- Experience leading investigations and incidents including containment actions and remediation when needed in a cloud heavy environment (AWS preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in common Enterprise Security tooling including but not limited to: Elastic/Splunk, CrowdStrike Falcon, Auditbeat or similar.
- Experience with developing native data ingestion and data normalization integrations.
- Familiarity with container orchestration with container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes).
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Infrastructure as code with Terraform or similar.
- Experience in developing API integrations and automations to improve Enterprise Security workflows and capabilities (Python or similar language).
- Ability to lead and drive cross functional projects with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to switch communication style when needed between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in applying IAM controls across a variety of users, applications and services is a bonus!
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs