Managing Director, Cyber Risk Management (Unit 42)
Remote, Western Region, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
The Managing Director, Cyber Risk Management, is responsible for partnering with our sales team to win new business, managing client relationships, leading engagement delivery, and contributing to the maturation and innovation of Unit 42's Cyber Risk Management consulting services. This person will be active in the day to day delivery and will also help shape the strategic direction of the practice, building the business and becoming a strategic advisor to our clients. The role requires deep cybersecurity subject matter expertise and business savvy; this person is interested in our customers' success and in scaling a profitable business. The individual will be our clients’ advocate for cybersecurity risk management, provide strategic and technical leadership and focus on product pull through.
- Partner with sales and GTM teams to drive the development of new business, and contribute to the building of new client relationships through expertise.
- Prepare and present comprehensive proposals, scopes, and leads pitch meetings of all types and complexity levels across the organization.
- Nurtures and cultivates long-term relationships with major clients, serving as a trusted advisor and advocate for client needs.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level proactive cybersecurity assessment and transformation services to clients and deliver findings to CxO and/or Board of Directors
- Drive innovation in Unit 42’s proactive offerings by collaborating with cross-functional teams to bring new capabilities and services to market that leverage Palo Alto Networks products
- Advance the maturation of our existing proactive services
- Ensure the consistency and quality of our services and highest level of customer service
- Integrate threat intelligence into our services by deepening the feedback loop with Unit 42 Threat Intelligence team and telemetry
- Recruit and onboard world class CRM talent to support our growth goals
- Support the professional growth and development of our consultants through training and technical enablement
- Manage the productivity of a team through attainment of utilization targets
- Identify and execute strategies for service development, enablement, and process that result in the pull through of Palo Alto Networks products
- Amplify Unit 42s’ presence and credibility in the marketplace through thought leadership, including via speaking engagements, articles, whitepapers, and media exposure
- Experience developing new business and building client relationships through demonstrated subject matter expertise, including preparing and presenting winning proposals and leading pitch meetings
- Has led cybersecurity advisory engagements for global enterprise customers, consistently delivering projects on time and on budget while exceeding client expectations.
- Client services mindset and top-notch client management skills
- Experience as a senior-level team leader, including overseeing other director, senior, and mid-level analyst/consultant teams
- Ability to travel as needed to meet business demands
- Strong presentation, communication, and presentation skills with verifiable industry experience communicating at CxO and/or Board of Directors level
- Expert level of knowledge of applicable laws, compliance regulations, and industry standards as it relates to privacy, security, and compliance
- Technical proficiency in a wide range of cyber risk management services, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and cybersecurity framework assessments, among others
- Experienced-based understanding of clients’ needs and desired outcomes in cybersecurity and risk management engagements
- Public speaking experience, demonstrated writing ability, including technical reports, business communication, and thought leadership pieces
- Operates with a hands-on approach to service delivery with a bias towards collaboration and teamwork
- Must be results-driven and strategic
- Cybersecurity industry certifications such as CISSP and/or CISM are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience - an advanced degree such as MS, MBA, or Juris Doctorate (JD) is a plus
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $220,900/yr to $303,700/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Mountain View, California, United … Mountain View, California, United States; Austin, Texas, … Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 162K - 282K USD 162K+
Director, Information Security (Remote)Analytics Application security Artificial Intelligence AWS Cloud Compliance +17
401(k) matching Career development Flex vacation Health care Insurance +2
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
Senior Director Threat Detection and Security Platform Engineering - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAutomation CISSP Firewalls Forensics GCIA GCIH +22
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +6
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Infosec Risk Manager jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Fortinet Firewall Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs