Security Analyst (Projects)
At Monzo we’re aiming to build the best bank in the world. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us.
Security at Monzo
We are looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised Senior Security Analyst to join our team of Security Analysts.
You’ll be part of Monzo’s wider Security team which has a wide range of responsibilities, from infrastructure security to application and information security. You will be working with other analysts and engineers alike on various projects and initiatives as well as interacting with the rest of the company. The role of the Security Analyst at Monzo is to provide analyst insight and support for projects across Security as well as leading projects to improve Monzo’s security controls. You will have the opportunity to directly make a big impact on the way that the business keeps our information secure.
One of the guiding principles at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
You'll be involved in a variety of work, and should expect to:
- Lead and assist in a broad range of projects across all the Security teams
- Have the opportunity to work across the full lifecycle of projects including design, implementation and rollout of controls and processes
- Solve for problem statements across all areas of Security including identity and access management, information leakage, incident response and endpoint security
- Bring a fresh pair of eyes to Security engineering projects ensuring we build and ship well rounded products and processes
- Help define requirements for our alerting and incident response whilst we build out our Security Operations Centre
- Review staff permissions ensuring access across Monzo is following the principle of least privilege
- Take on exploratory projects that will scope out areas we should focus on next
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing in the Security team excites you and you want to make a real difference to the way in which we deliver security at Monzo;
- You're technically minded with the ability to think laterally and enjoy providing solutions to problems;
- You’re comfortable and have experience taking a lead on security projects including those that have a company wide impact;
- You understand security best practices and are comfortable suggesting solutions that help Monzo align to these;
- You have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, and are comfortable with regular context-switching;
- You’re happy reading and interpreting technical requirements, regulation and procedures;
- You love taking the initiative, prioritising and driving things forward;
- You’re comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
The following would be a bonus:
- You have relevant experience in a similar financial service role or highly regulated environment
- You have security certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Cyber Security Analyst+, CISSP, CISM
This role can be based in our London office or remote within the UK.
The closing date for applications for this role is Friday 18th June
We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise and 2 x 45 minute interviews conducted remotely via hangouts. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs