Information Systems Security Engineer
Novetta is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) that is excited about solving complex security challenges for a fully automated security operations center supporting a unique virtualized infrastructure platform. As a project under the Emerging Technologies division, Mission Platform Automation group, the security operations center fully embraces infrastructure as code while shifting to provide continued development and improvement through a CI/CD pipeline. This role would provide RMF support for unique systems that continue to push the boundaries of innovation, ensure continued accreditation for this cutting-edge technology currently employed by our USAF customer, and provide continued support to National Security interests.
- Architect, implement, and support monitoring for this uniquely designed security operations center.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution to restore auditing and monitor services.
- Collaborate with DevOps Engineers, Software Developers and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure these innovative solutions and tools are supported through the RMF steps.
- Analyze issues and recommend alternative solutions to customers and the operational community.
Provide new policy recommendations and documentation to the government customer and ensure compliance with applicable existing USG policies and directives.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- 5+ years of experience as an ISSE or similar role. May include bachelor’s degree in IT, cyber security, information assurance, or equivalent discipline and 1+ year(s) of professional experience, or associates degree in IT, cyber security, information assurance, or equivalent discipline and 3+ years of professional experience.
- Proven experience with the RMF process and implementing security controls and demonstrated ability to develop and track progress of a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Proven ability to successfully engage with Authorizing Officials and other government representatives.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience integrating security appliances such as FireEye, Akamai, Tenable, iSight, or other publicly available threat intelligence communities.
- Engineering experience or knowledge paired with strong communication skills which enable fluid communication between R&D engineers and cyber security personnel.
- Strong understanding of network architecture within virtualized / cloud environments, and experience implementing, architecting, and administering information security operations centers. .
- CISSP, Certified Ethical Hack (CEH), or similar certification.
- IAT Level II or III Certification.
- Active TS/SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs