Senior Endpoint Security Engineer
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the team
The Detection and Response Platform Team creates capabilities used to detect and respond to security threats at Airbnb. This is the team behind StreamAlert, a real-time data analysis framework we use to detect security threats, and BinaryAlert, a real-time malware detection engine.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team of fullstack and infrastructure engineers to expand the team in a new direction. This person will build, own, tune, deploy and maintain technologies that centralize logs and provide detection and response capabilities for corporate and production endpoints.
- Build, tune, and deploy tools and automation that proactively detect and respond to security risks and threats to corporate endpoints and cloud based production systems.
- Build, tune, and deploy systems that help mitigate security risks by understanding and controlling what software is allowed to execute on our client devices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partner teams such as IT, Site Reliability Engineering, Privacy, and Infrastructure for efficient, scalable detection and response capabilities.
- Constantly evaluate new opportunities to improve our logging or generate better telemetry from our endpoints.
- Significant experience building, managing, deploying, and tuning systems that provide endpoint security telemetry and capabilities. We use a mix of open source, in-house, and commercial endpoint detection and response solutions.
- Significant coding experience in a general purpose language. We often use Python and Go.
- Experience in operating system internals (Mac, Linux, Windows), including performance tuning, tracing, and debugging.
- Experience with infrastructure automation/fleet management technologies. We often use Terraform, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with deploying and managing services in a containerized production AWS environment. We often use Lambda, Kinesis, Kubernetes, EC2 and Athena.
- Experience in security engineering, detection, incident response or reverse engineering malware is a plus.
- Familiarity with logging and telemetry infrastructure is a plus. We often use Syslog, Fluentd, and Logstash.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs