Cybersecurity Consultant - South Island
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
We help our clients navigate and take control of digital disruption for their businesses and customers.
The Cybersecurity team employ thought leaders who understand business technology and threat landscape and can apply their knowledge, creativity, and expertise to provide solutions and deliver strategies to help make organisations and communities online a better and safer place. This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity Consultant will be a member of our New Zealand Cybersecurity team located in Christchurch and will primarily be responsible for working with our customers and helping them identify and address cyber risk.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Consultant to perform and lead our Cybersecurity engagements and develop relationships with our high-profile Clients.
The ideal candidate will not only perform the required work but also have the ability to lead these engagements.
What you’ll do
- Perform cybersecurity risk maturity assessments, cybersecurity technical evaluations, gap analysis, reporting and recommendations
- Lead both technical and business workshops with our customers
- Lead the development of cybersecurity improvements road mapping for our customers
- Design and implement relevant technical security solutions to achieve best practice and cost savings/service improvements to our clients
- Identify, develop and implement cybersecurity processes, standards and policies
- Analyses of customer environments against IT security best practice, or standard frameworks such as NIST CSF, ISO27001, NZ ISM and PCI-DSS
- Creation of proposals
- Liaising with customers, other Datacom business areas and third-parties
- Production of reports, security documentation and client presentations
- You will have proven experience in leading and the delivery of customer engagement to time and in budget in a consulting /professional services environment
- In depth knowledge of specific Cybersecurity product technologies or vendor offerings with extensive knowledge of risk methodologies and frameworks.
- Design and implementation experience across multiple technologies
- Experience working with a wide range of customers, technologies and architectures
What you’ll bring
- You will have exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally and unconventionally to help identify weaknesses. You will have the ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate technical knowledge to a diverse audience.
- You will be able to develop positive and professional working relationships with the client and Datacom teams.
- Ideally, you will be industry certified in CISSP, CISM, OSCP or equivalent certifications.
Please apply online. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs