Security Engineering Manager
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
As an Engineering Manager at Talkdesk we expect you to deliver a great product on time and with quality. You will manage one or several teams being responsible for making them happy and productive while managing their careers.
- Drive implementation plans for the team, working closely with product management and other stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow a world-class team capable of taking on increasingly more challenging projects
- Identify roadblocks, dependencies and other issues and work with the team to resolve these issues
- Coordinate resources to consistently deliver high quality software on time, within budget and with the required functionality
- Determine process improvements and implement changes as necessary
- Undertake special projects and support other team initiatives as needed
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and business needs
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher.
- Excel at planning and executing complex multi-team products, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
- Comfortable managing teams and products with tight deadlines and short release cycles.
- Experience implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages.
- Experience in managing security teams, either on application security, pentesting, or other related security engineering fields.
- Practical experience on security (application security, pentesting or other related security engineering fields) is a plus.
- BA/BS in engineering or a related discipline required
- Foster a common vision, setting an overall organizational direction
- Enhance communication being a contact point to the relevant stakeholders & interest groups
- Communicates actively with the team empowering them to make well informed decision
- Acts as a contact point to the relevant stakeholders & interest groups
- Design the team and its organizational context
- Recruit, interview and hire new team-members
- Actively contributes to implementation of company wide processes, strategies culture and values
- Contributes to processes, methods and tools definitions and selections, such as:
- Performance Appraisal
- Career path
- Training Plan
- Provide support and assistance to teams: be prompt and proactive in helping remove organizational impediments that are harming team's ability to be effective
- Coaching and mentoring individuals in a continuous improvement path
- Provide mentorship and career development advice
- Provide feedback on Performance Appraisal results
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs