Senior Security Engineer (SIP)
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
As a member of the Services and Infrastructure Protection team, you will have the opportunity to develop and work with security solutions to protect Cognite employees, products, and customers. You will be part of enabling industrial companies worldwide to become more efficient and sustainable through digital transformation and opportunities of the digital economy.
You will work with passionate software engineers, enabling development teams to build more secure services. You will work on building strong, efficient, and practical foundational security. You will be working with public cloud companies, cybersecurity experts, and cybersecurity products. You will have the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and initiatives in areas such as container security, supply chain integrity, and security automation.
Strong company growth and high rate of industrial digital transformation drive a near exponential increase in demand for security. We need your skills to further enhance our capabilities to identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover, in an ever-changing landscape.Job Responsibilities
- Design and develop internal security tooling and controls to protect employees, systems, and customers.
- Enable developers to efficiently create, deploy, and operate secure services.
- Orchestrate and conduct security reviews of corporate systems and services.
- Provide security guidance and knowledge to the organization and key stakeholders.
- Cloud Security (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services).
- Secure CI/CD of containers in cloud environments.
- Kubernetes and Containers.
- Software development (we use Python and Go).
- Git and GitOps.
- Knowledge of network security, applied cryptography, OS security, web application security, secure programming, secure software development life cycle, or threat modeling.
- Knowledge of security logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with messaging (Pub/Sub, Azure Service Bus, Amazon SNS, Kafka, or similar).
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar.
- Good team collaboration and networking skills.
- Interest in open source and cloud-native technologies.
Cybercrime is estimated to cost the world economy more than USD 5 trillion in the period 2019 through 2023. Cybersecurity investments continue to grow every year.
- How do we ensure that our efforts level the playing field and increase the cost of nefarious activities?
- How can we leverage offensive capabilities to better understand posture and elevate our defense?
- How can we make cybersecurity more scalable through company wide collaboration and interaction? Cybersecurity is a team sport.
Industrial companies are becoming more digital and automated, and we are experiencing a never-before-seen fusion of the digital and physical world. Industrial equipment and systems are more interconnected, machine learning and cloud computing are changing the scale and speed of what we can do and when. On the horizon, emerging technologies, including ubiquitous connectivity, AI, and quantum computing are waiting to make an impact.
Many of the incidents are caused by exploitation of classic vulnerabilities. The 2019 Top-10 list of exploited vulnerabilities contains CVEs as old as 2015. It is clear that foundational security capabilities and hygiene are and will continue to be very important. At the same time, the merging of the physical and digital world, together with technology evolution, will result in new challenges requiring new cybersecurity methods and solutions.
Why should you work for Cognite?
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- Receive competitive salary and benefits including a pension plan, insurance, parental benefits, and more
- Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
- Get access to extended private health services and free health checks.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fueled between meals with free snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Stay in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym.
- Bond with your teammates with your favorite hobby, whether it’s through our book club, game nights, team sports activities, or regular Cognite social events.
- We’ll help to relocate you to Norway!
- Free online Norwegian courses
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we’re growing fast. We’re backed by Accel, one of the world’s leading venture capital firms.
Our core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more. Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We’re talented, we’re curious, and we’re fun to be around.
Application deadline: 30 June
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs