Blue Coat / Network Security Engineer
Are you the F5 SME in your organization? Do you support web proxies and, network traffic prioritization? Do you have hands-on experience with security routing and switching protocols? Then you might be Fivesky's next Blue Coat Proxy Engineer
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Financial services are highly desirable.
What you will do:
- Use your expertise within the F5 Load Balancer (LTM and GTM) infrastructure and support security initiatives
- Work on the engineering of flows via proxy and CLI access for troubleshooting; Bluecoat or Zscaler experience preferred.
- Work within DMZ environments with a good understanding of, firewalls, Network service/protocols (Advanced Network services TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SOCKS, ICAP ARP, SNMP, SYSLOG etc) and multi-tiered architectures.
- Utilize packet capture tools
- Advanced Routing and switching
What you've done:
- Integrate external services with proxies via ICAP, proxy chaining, service offloads, etc.
- Knowledge of web malware and how it can get inside the network and mitigation strategies.
- Linux Experience; must know at least standard userland roles and tasks.
- Knowledge of web security concepts and cyberattack vectors covering the network through application layers.
- Protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS etc.
- In-depth knowledge of the OSI stack.
It would be awesome if you had:
- Some experience with CASB design, architecture, and deployment (SkyHigh, Symantec CloudSOC, etc).
- Hands-on research and deployment of Shadow IT/Unsanctioned Application products.
- Good knowledge of authentication technologies (including NTLM, Kerberos, and SAML) is a plus.
- Hands-on proxy knowledge; Bluecoat highly desirable.
- Scripting experience like Python, Bash is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Data Protection Practices (Data At Rest, In Use, In Motion, etc) and their practical implementations.
- Practical knowledge of web malware, its propagation, and mitigation strategies.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs