SOC Analyst (D&R)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are Adarma, one of the largest, award-winning independent IT security services companies in the UK delivering cyber security solutions to our FTSE 350 clients. We are the trusted security provider to financial services, top retail brands, and transportation partners. We have experienced rapid growth and it’s showing no signs of slowing down as we continue to expand into new markets and customers.
We have an opportunity for an experienced SOC Analyst (Security Operations Centre) who is looking to further their career in IT Security working out of our client’s site in Edinburgh. The role is within our Security Consulting team and focused on providing customers with support and leadership to maintain their security detection capabilities. This role can lead to progression into a consultancy career at Adarma, where we provide in depth and structured training, including within our live Security Operations environment. We give you a fantastic opportunity to advance skills and practical application of IT Security best practice and technology usage.
- Conducts security alert detection and analysis across a variety of cyber defence technologies to ensure that security incidents are identified promptly
- In accordance with the established security event triage process, identify, document, categorise, investigate, resolve or escalate issues to senior personnel / customer
- Once an initial decision on the threat severity has been made, you will deal with less complex attacks while more complex attacks will be escalated to the Senior SOC Analyst or Security Operations Specialist
- If required, contribute to the development of new rule logic. Monitor rules that are yet to go live
- Perform threat hunting activities to proactively search for cyber threats that may exist in the customer’s network
- If required, actively participate in regular meetings to up- date the customer on progress and the nature of rules that are being developed
- Prepare reports on information security issues and distribute accordingly
- Completion of a recent IT Security related Degree
- Some entry level experience working in a SOC environment
- Keen interest in developing a career in IT Security / Information Security
- TCP/IP or Network Security Knowledge
- Strong written communication
- Good analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- High attention to detail
The Detection and Response Practice provide Consulting services across all aspects of the security domain from data acquisition, detection, threat hunting, response and recovery. Opportunities for progression as you develop your SOC skills will involve advising many of the leading Financial Services and FTSE350 organisations on how to transfer their Security Operations. The team undertake projects for a broad range of customers in areas such as SIEM Engineering, product and process integration, hybrid detection searching, response automation, cloud migration, incident response, threat hunting and building out new use cases.
Learn more about our Detection & Response practice here: https://www.adarma.com/service/detection-and-respo...
As a business formed and managed by ex-security leaders, Adarma’s trusted and transparent approach and enthusiasm for cybersecurity have driven us to become the UK’s leading independent Cyber Security Services company.
With a focus and expertise in building and managing Security Operation Centres (SOC’s), following best practice and working with best in breed technologies, Adarma offers a range of products and services that address threat management, data security and analytics challenges to complement our core offering.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, including Company Pension, Private Health Care, Health Cash-Back Plan, Cycle to Work, enhanced support for Mental Health & Wellbeing, gym discounts and high street discounts platform
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, resulting in industry recognised accreditations and qualifications
- Flexible working hours, occasional home office (where possible)
- Recognition platform
- Rewards for excellent performance through our annual Year-End Awards
- We encourage autonomy and entrepreneurship enabling our consultants and employees to influence the strategy and direction of the business
As part of the interview process, Adarma will require proof of your Right to Work documents for verification. This can be your Passport and/or Working Visa. Alternatively your full birth certificate and NI number. If offered a role with Adarma, you will be required to complete Pre-Employment Screening (PES) checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation
Please note our fraud prevention process relating to all job applications. Fraud prevention databases have been established for the purpose of allowing employers to share data on their employment fraud cases. Should any investigation identify fraud or the commission or any other offence by you when applying or during your engagement with Adarma, we will record the details of this on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies, other employers and potential employers to prevent fraud.