Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
What is Security Engineering at Airbnb?
Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world. We build the invisible infrastructure to ensure our engineering org can deliver secure and high-quality at speed.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features. We build guardrails to alert developers of their security mistakes, as well as secure-by-default tools and infrastructure to bake security into the software development process.
What are some examples of application security work at Airbnb?
- Hardening frameworks and libraries to ensure that they are secure by default.
- Identifying unaddressed areas of security risk and driving cleverly engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth.
- Educating engineers on secure practices through documentation, targeted training, and peer relationships.
- Partnering with core business units to comprehensively rethink security models from data storage engine to customer roles.
- Creating and supporting safe break-the-glass processes.
- Providing engineers security input via code and design reviews.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Significant experience on an internal security team, or building security products.
- Strong understanding of web or mobile application security.
- Experience as a developer, ideally with Java and Python, but Ruby, Go, and Kotlin are a big plus.
- Familiarity with AWS and Kubernetes
- Ability to rapidly analyze and test microservices.
- Strong technical communication skills, including doc writing, presentation ability, and crisis communication.
- 3+ years experience in security engineering, or a related discipline.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs