Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
XOR Security is currently seeking talented, experienced Information System Security Officers (ISSO) for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with the safeguarding of Federal government IT environments. In addition, the candidate should be able to Lead and coordinate assessment and authorization, continuous monitoring, and risk management activities to ensure the security posture of client IT systems. The candidate should be able to work independently and in a group environment. The candidate will develop and maintain policies, standards, procedures to ensure compliance while working closely with client system owners, designated information system security officers, and other system stakeholders. Additionally, the candidate should be able to apply their understanding of FISMA, OMB regulations, and NIST standards and informs client leadership of cybersecurity best practices.
The candidate should be able to lead cross-functional cybersecurity projects to successful completion using project management approaches; as well as provide leadership and guidance in the creation, management, and closure of Plan of Action and Milestones to assure remediation of control implementation findings and mitigation of risks. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with internal client stakeholders by facilitating the assessment of systems and developing reports for client leadership. The candidate will need to be able to lead a team of security analysts in conducting security impact assessments for client change requests and informs the Change Control Board of identified risks. Also, the candidate will manage the client’s A&A document repository and assure IT system security documents are current and compliant
The ideal candidate will have experience with Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Authorization, and FedRAMP assessments and will keep up-to-date on emerging trends in the cyber security field.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands on experience with STIG Viewer, SCAP Compliance Checker, Vulnerator, Nessus vulnerability management
- An industry certification such as CASP, CAP, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GMON, Security+
- 4 years of experience in Information Assurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Assess the information system based on agency policies and provide recommended corrective actions to reduce risk associated with the system deficiencies and deviations from industry standards.
- Collaborate with system personnel on identified deficiencies, complete the Security Assessment Report (SAR), and provide security authorization recommendations to the Certifying Official or AO.
- Ensure FISMA systems are assessed and accredited to receive an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Monitor and execute the operations and maintenance of an information system and dispose of system and data according to the approved security authorization process
- Serve as a member of the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and ensure system security requirements are addressed during the system lifecycle.
- Establish audit trails, ensure their regular review, and make audit logs available upon request.
- Develop and maintain the system security plan (SSP), security assessment plan/report (SAP/SAR), POA&Ms, security control assessment, and authorization memorandums in CSAM.
- Conduct various security controls assessments (automated and manual) at different frequencies specific to a system and based on an established core control assessment schedule and provide results to include control gaps or weaknesses, risk level, cost- benefit analysis, and impact.
- Support the development of the systems’ Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), interconnection security agreements, incident response plan, contingency plan, risk assessments, configuration management plan, security impact assessments, standard operating procedures, and guides as necessary.
- Review and analyze all system artifacts for accuracy and completeness in support of authorization to operate (ATO) requests.
- Create or review ATO packages prior to submission to the Authorizing Official.
- Ensure all assessment and audt reports are uploaded properly in CSAM.
- Conduct reviews of closed POA&Ms for completeness and compliance.
- Develop and support the OA process that includes continuous monitoring activities using CFTC’s GRC tools.
- Draft document, review and provide feedback on application of security requirements.
- Contribute to configuration management process development.
- Execute activities within the information system contingency planning process; provide technical advice and guidance in business continuity/COOP program development, conduct vulnerability and risk analysis, provide support to ensure business processing, recovery criticality and resources requirements are identified and aligned with information system resources and recovery priorities to support the continued operation of the mission
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs