Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
We help our clients navigate and take control of digital disruption for their businesses and customers. Our Security Operations team, employ thought leaders who understand the business, technology and threat landscape and can apply their knowledge, creativity and expertise to provide and deliver strategies and solutions to help to take organisations and communities to a better and safer place. This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity.
About the Role
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, will be a member of our Australian/New Zealand Security Operations Centre team located in Wellington. You will primarily be responsible for security platforms and team infrastructure related activities in all environments.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the Cybersecurity sector and is looking to build a career in this space. You will have a solid understanding of networks, firewalls, proxies, SIEM, Endpoint controls, DLP concepts and technologies.
You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in an IT technical support related role and ideally have exposure to security technologies such as McAfee, Crowdstrike, Azure, Splunk, Sentinel, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, FireEye, etc.
It is vital you have a solid understanding of ITIL and experience troubleshooting and resolving application and network problems. Exposure to Security Orchestration and Automation are highly regarded.
What you’ll do
The core objectives and responsibilities of a Platforms and Operations Cybersecurity Engineer includes the responsibility for maintaining a system or specific components of a system.
- Configuring and updating hardware and software
- Establishing and managing user accounts
- Overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks
- Implementing operational and technical security controls
- Adhering to organisational security policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring
- Ability and willingness to self-managing and be proactive
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organizations
- A customer centric approach ensuring consistency in delivery of service
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies' concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of operating system command-line tools.
- Knowledge of system/server diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques.
- Knowledge of systems engineering theories, concepts, and methods.
- Knowledge of organizational information technology (IT) user security policies (e.g., account creation, password rules, access control).
- Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- Skills in Splunk and Sentinel are highly desirable and preference for these
- Knowledge of measures or indicators of system performance and availability.
Due to the nature of this particular role - You MUST be an Austrlian Citizen and must be able to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance. We are not accepting overseas applications at this time but encourage you to keep an eye on our careers site for any opportunities.
What’s on Offer?
You’ll have plenty of real opportunities to widen your professional skills and develop our greater business acumen. We pride ourselves on providing our staff numerous career opportunities during their time with us; our adaptability relies on this.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs