Senior Information Security Analyst
New York, Remote - US
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team works within the Information Security organization and across Datadog to implement, monitor, and continuously improve Datadog’s security, risk, and compliance programs.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will lead security efforts to acquire and maintain industry certifications, design solutions that enable Datadog’s security goals, and collaborate directly with engineering teams to work quickly and securely. You will be responsible for defining the implementation of technical compliance capabilities and lead efforts to provide transparency to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
This role is focused on building and operating a global HIPAA compliance program. You will provide technical recommendations on scoping the environment, guide the protection of regulated ePHI, and lead the continuous improvement of Datadog’s HIPAA program.
This role will also be responsible to create and maintain solutions that uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance and synthesize a broad set of industry and federal regulations.
- Play a lead role in designing and maintaining a global HIPAA compliance program.
- Provide precise guidance and feedback on the implementation of technical architecture and engineering requirements.
- Lead and coordinate technical risk assessments to validate and enhance Datadog’s HIPAA program and architecture.
- Design solutions using modern technology that allow Datadog’s security and engineering teams to move quickly and adapt to an evolving threat landscape.
- Coordinate the implementation of technical security capabilities and engineering requirements.
- Create documentation to provide transparency to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain automated solutions to uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance with a broad set of industry and federal regulations.
- Drive compliance efforts to enable Datadog to enter increasingly regulated markets.
- You have a BS or at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- You have delivered or helped develop a HIPAA program, understand how to articulate controls, and how to design effective compensating controls where necessary.
- You have a deep understanding of how to achieve compliance objectives in a cloud native environment.
- You have familiarity with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You have a proven track record working in security audit, compliance, information security operations, or security consulting.
- You value correctness and efficiency, and have an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have exposure to compliance and regulatory regimes (e.g. FedRAMP, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS).
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- You’ve managed a multi-cloud HIPAA program.
- You hold a relevant certification (CCSFP, CHQP, CIPT).
- Relevant security industry certification (CISSP, CISA, GIAC) or Specialist Certification (ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer).
- Background in IT or Security Operations.
- You like to automate the boring stuff.
- Experience implementing a multi-cloud based security program.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs