Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response
San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an experienced security engineer to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data.
As one of the key members of the Security Team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, develop cross-functional technical and soft skills. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Monitor, analyze and triage security alerts independently
- Conduct host, cloud, and log analysis in support of incident response investigations
- Drive large scale incidents with partner teams.
- Provide clear and accurate communication to all stakeholders
- Work in a team environment to build and mature incident response platforms
- Build automation workflows to improve identification and response time for security incidents
- Contribute to the creation of runbooks
- Contribute to the production and tuning of detection rules
- Contribute to improving processes, procedures and technologies used for detection and response
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experiences in the information security field, including security monitoring, incident response and threat hunting
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience
- Ability to lead complex investigations with partner teams, such as engineering, fraud and legal
- Experience managing and working with a SIEM solution, such as Splunk, ArcSight, Symantec SIM, LogLogic, SumoLogic, including creating event filtering and correlation rules and reports
- Experience with AWS or GCP environments
- Excellent communication skills - ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist