Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are seeking a Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission.
In support of the Malware Analysis team, the Malware Analyst/Reverse Engineer interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Analyzes and/or reverse-engineers the behavior of malware using both static and dynamic tools and techniques.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
- Supports the maintenance of malware analysis platforms and tool sets, identifies requirements for new malware analysis capabilities, and contributes to the development of new malware analysis tools and techniques.
- Produces reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, including indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection, the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware, and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors.
- Communicates and collaborates with technical staff supporting all customer SOC functions.
- Recommends counter measures to malware and other malicious type code and applications that exploit customer communication systems.
- Develops analysis and makes recommendations for the purchase of hardware and or software that will mitigate malware intrusions.
Required Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related area of study.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in dynamic and static analysis and tools such as IDAPro and Ollydbg.
- Familiarity with analyzing disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries.
- Basic programming and scripting skills (e.g. .NET, Perl, Java, or Python),
- Experience/familiarity with the following concepts/technologies is highly preferred:
- NOC/SOC operations
- Kill Chain for incident response
- Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS
- Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android
- Cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+, CREA)
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
- Core business hours.
- This position will require U.S citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time (W-2) employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Monthly Payroll
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs