Chandler, Arizona, United States
We are on a mission to elevate personal wellbeing through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare and wellness industry! Our users are Care Givers, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of improving outcomes of care. WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The Security Engineer III is responsible for design, implementation, configuration, assessment and administration of enterprise information security systems and infrastructure platforms for WellSky. This job involves the performance of general information system security administration and maintenance, vulnerability management, patch management, and configuration of other security software/solutions used in the identification, detection, protection, prevention, and remediation of security threats.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Assists with system hardening, monitoring, incident response, disaster recovery, and emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Implements security controls on public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP. Executes vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, security audits and security risk assessments to identify potential security vulnerabilities and assists with remediation.
- Supports vulnerability management program using Tenable and other tools
- Supports onboarding of log sources and analysis of log data using Splunk
- Analyzes technical requirements, recommends solutions or enhancements, and translates into actionable information for the business.
- Deploys, integrates, and configures software in accordance with WellSky policy and industry standards and provides troubleshooting support.
- Researches and provides technical guidance in accordance with industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Participates in the security incident response process, including monitoring, tracking, notification, containment, resolution, escalation, and reporting.
- Collaborates with delivery teams and encourages the adoption of secure software designs and best practices.
- Performs system maintenance activities, including upgrades and patch management.
Do you have what it takes?
- 3+ years’ experience as a Security Engineer
- Demonstrated experience and/or certification in public cloud security (one or more of GCP Cloud Engineer, GCP Cloud Security Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Specialty)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Splunk, Tenable, Crowdstrike, O365 security
Do you stand above the rest?
- Familiarity with clinical software systems
- A security certification or commitment to obtain one equivalent to CISM, CISSP, CEH, GIAC
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 Years software engineering or Information Technology experience in lieu of the degree
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs