Cybersecurity Consultant - Architecture and Technical Solutions
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Our culture is built on people who love coming to work to solve problems, and we embrace those who lean into a problem rather than lean away. Using your cybersecurity expertise, you will join NZ’s largest cybersecurity services company as part of a dedicated team, proud of delivering top class advice and guidance to our customers.
About the Role
As a Cybersecurity Consultant you will be a member of our New Zealand Cybersecurity Advisory Practice located in Wellington and will be a part of the Architecure team. The team consults directly with customers helping them define security architectures, implement solutions securely, and assisting other Datacom teams with security architecture and design.
You will work with new and existing customers to understand their business, their security requirements and help lead them to an outcome that delivers value and ensures their ongoing success.
We’re looking for passion, ambition, and a depth and breadth of core knowledge as well as the adaptability to ever changing market demands.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customer’s with advice on their security architecture.
- Creation of solution architectures and designs both for Datacom and their customers.
- Provide project leadership and support for project managers and technical consultants
- Assist with future thinking in your security capability area – where Datacom’s cybersecurity services should be heading.
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of new cybersecurity service offerings to best practice.
- Assist with presales, bids, and tender responses, and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Maintain industry knowledge of relevance to the Cybersecurity Advisory Practice.
- Relationship development across CAP, Security Operations Centre, Intelligent Workplace, Cloud Platform Services and other Datacom teams.
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring of junior team members.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 5 years professional services experience in the delivery of security solutions to customers.
- A strong understanding cloud security and cloud architectures.
- Industry recognised security certification such as those listed below would be advantageous:
- Design and implementation experience with a wide range of customers, technologies and architecture
- In depth knowledge of specific product technologies or vendor offerings in particular cloud offerings
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
o Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
o Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
o Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA)
Due to the nature of this particular role - You MUST be either a New Zealand Citizen/Resident/Relevant Work Visa and/or have the ability to clear additional security clearance (Five Years in Five Eyes). While we can only consider those who meet these requirements for this role we encourage you to keep an eye on our careers page for any other roles of interest.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs