Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Datacom operates three Security Operations Centres (SOC’s) in Wellington, Auckland, and Brisbane from where we provide our managed SIEM and our full stack of Cybersecurity services.
Our Security Operations Centre is a well-established team made up of Cybersecurity Analysts, Engineers, Devops Engineers and Incident Responders who have been managing customers, both commercial and government, for over 10+ years. We are a matured operational team that not only responds to security events, incidents, and triggers, but a fully-fledged operational team that hunts for anomalous, suspicious, and potentially unwanted activities within our customers environments.
We Partner with industry leaders to provide our services and to provide you with a broad technical skillset, certifications and experience.
This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity. We are looking for a mix of Analysts from Junior (2+ years exp.) to Intermediate(3+ years exp.)
About the Role
The core objectives and responsibilities of the Cybersecurity Analyst include analysing security events of interest before managing the incident through to resolution or identifying an opportunity for tuning.
A Cybersecurity Analyst uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyse, and report events that occur or might occur within the network to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
What you’ll do (Basics)
- Action regular tasks and processes
- Review and respond to alarms/tickets
- Incident response investigation
- Handle Events of Interest escalations
- Initial triage
- Security event analysis
- Log and escalate tickets
- Identify policy changes required based on analysis
- Security use case and correlation rule development
- Threat hunting
What you’ll bring (Basics)
- Understanding of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) concepts and functionality
- Knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies concepts and technologies
- Security industry frameworks such as NIST 800-61, NZISM ·
- Cyber-attack methodologies and techniques such as MITRE and Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain and other common cybersecurity frameworks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows domain technologies (e.g. Active Directory)
- ITIL - Information Technology
- CompTIA Security+ study or certification
- Minimum 2 years in a similar security analyst role and security incident response and resolution handling.
Due to the Nature of the Clients you will be working with you will need to be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances or have lived in the 5 eyes for the last 5 years. We do however consider work visas for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs