Cybersecurity Platform and Solutions Team Lead
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Datacom operates three Cybersecurity Operations Centres (SOC’s) in Wellington, Auckland, and Brisbane from where we provide our managed SIEM and our full stack of Cybersecurity services.
Our Security Operations Centre is a well-established team made up of Cybersecurity Analysts, Engineers, Devops Engineers and Incident Responders who have been managing customers, both commercial and government, for over 10+ years. We are a matured operational team that not only responds to security events, incidents, and triggers, but a fully-fledged operational team that hunts for anomalous, suspicious, and potentially unwanted activities within our customers environments.
We Partner with industry leaders to provide our services and to provide you with a broad technical skillset, certifications and experience.
This is an exciting time of growth, and our driven team need to grow to meet the increased demand and activity.
About the Role
The Team Leader is a leadership role within the Cybersecurity Managed Solutions team and is primarily responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Cybersecurity Operation Centres/ Platforms and Solutions functions and teams across Australia and New Zealand, and to ensure the team operates effectively with its delivery aligned to industry best practice.
What you’ll do (Basics)
- Be a Technical escalation point for team members
- Manage the Engineering team and task scheduling
- Manage operational processes
- Adhere to agreed SLA and KPI, measurement of these, management, and reporting.
- Optimise frameworks, processes and operating procedures
- Mentor junior team members and lead their development
- Team incident response capabilities and leadership
- Be Responsible for Business continuity process
- Customer engagement and interaction at an operational level
What you’ll bring
- Good knowledge of Australian and New Zealand Security market conditions and key players
- Technical understanding of Security and possesses in-depth knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT
- Knowledge of many major security vendors’ products and solutions
- Minimum 2 years in a similar team leadership role and/or Minimum 2 years in a Senior Cybersecurity Role
- Experience in a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and align them with client business goals and objectives
- Experience in working with security tools such as: SIEM, anti-malware, endpoint security and EDR, URL and application control, IDS/IPS, email filtering
- Experience working in ticketing systems and handling workflow
Due to the Nature of the Clients you will be working with you will need to be an NZ Citizen/Permanent Resident and have the ability to pass additional security clearances or have lived in the 5 eyes for the last 5 years. We do however consider work visas for other opportunities across Datacom so please keep an eye on our careers page for any roles of interest.
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
If you are keen to be part of a great team, please apply online! All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs