System Security Officer (ISSO)
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated mid-level Information System Security Officer (ISSO) looking for hands-on experinece and opporunity for career growth in support of an AWS cloud-based network ecosystem involving Linux and Microsoft services.
- Support software accreditation and strategic adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 and associated NIST publications
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Work with software development teams to provide guidance and oversight into the implementation of security controls and other related security best practices
- Utilize automated security tools to track and manage vulnerabilities of the software development process. Tools include: Splunk, Nessus, McAfee
- Interface with other IA teams, program personnel, and government security representatives
- Demonstrate experience in Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, and client Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs)
- Demonstrate experience coordinating the process between Security Controls Assessors (SCAs) and development teams, managing and contributing to System Security Plans, Security Control Traceability Matrices, Software/Security Configuration Management, etc...
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to resolve security findings within a defined schedule as needed.
- A working knowledge of standard security mechanisms for compliance such as public key infrastructure, encryption, network access control lists, white listing, blacklisting identity, and access management, etc...
- Possess and maintain required DoDD 8140 certification (Security+ minimum, CISSP/CASP preferred)
- Understanding of classified networks, systems and the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Familiarization with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 and 200, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37 Revision 1, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems, Committee on National Security Systems Instructions (CNSSI) 1253, and NIST SP 800-53
- AWS Professional Level Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps, Developer, DevOps)
- Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or related field
- Experience with MS Active Directory, Splunk, ACAS/Nessus, McAfee, Windows, Linux, AWS Security, etc.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information Security position highlights
- Explore open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior SOC Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Explore open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Explore open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Explore open Computer Network Defense & Incident Response Analyst - Mid to Senior Level Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore Jobs
- Explore open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Explore open Cyber Threat Analyst Jobs
- Explore open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Explore open Clearance-related jobs
- Explore open Open Source-related jobs
- Explore open CEH-related jobs
- Explore open Forensics-related jobs
- Explore open PCI-related jobs
- Explore open IDS-related jobs
- Explore open Risk management-related jobs
- Explore open Audits-related jobs
- Explore open NIST-related jobs
- Explore open Ruby-related jobs
- Explore open Splunk-related jobs
- Explore open OSCP-related jobs
- Explore open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Explore open Google-related jobs
- Explore open IPS-related jobs
- Explore open AI-related jobs
- Explore open Encryption-related jobs
- Explore open Security assessments-related jobs
- Explore open Docker-related jobs
- Explore open PowerShell-related jobs
- Explore open DNS-related jobs
- Explore open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Explore open Unix-related jobs
- Explore open Threat detection-related jobs