Intern in Malware Analysis and Detection (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. We are a fast growing and leading global information and communications technology solutions provider. With our three business units Carrier, Enterprise and Consumer, we offer network infrastructure, cloud computing solutions and devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 180,000 employees of which more than 80,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D). With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent. At Huawei, if you are dedicated to creativity, engagement of technical risks and delivery of target-driven results, your efforts will be rewarded with outstanding career prospects.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. Our AI4Sec Research Team (https://ai4sec.net/) is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Intern in Malware Analysis and Detection (m/f/d). This is a full-time position for 6 months. Ideally, you already have first hands-on experience and knowledge in cybersecurity and machine learning (ML). In collaboration with AI4Sec team members, you will support our research focused on improving ML-based dynamic analysis of known and unknown malware.
- Interact with data scientists and security experts to implement the state of the art in the field
- Develop an ML-based prototype for dynamic malware detection
- Perform an automated analysis of Windows API calls logged in a sandbox environment
- Perform root cause analysis of programs which fail to execute in the sandbox
- Curate a high-quality up-to-date malware and goodware dataset
- Currently pursuing a master degree in Computer Science or related field
- Programming skills in Python and C
- Initial experience in malware analysis and machine learning
- Excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- The following requirements would be a plus:
- Experience with Wine/QEMU
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux internals
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- An international career with outstanding opportunities for professional development.
- You will be exposed to the latest security and telecommunication technologies, have access to rich sources of challenging data and will be integrated into Huawei’s agile development culture.
- A dynamic and friendly working environment in which like-minded professionals share expertise in building know-how. We promote and generously reward talent and invite you to grow with us.
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English. The cover letter should indicate your experience and past works related to this position, and explain the reasons you have decided to apply for it.